Why do I suddenly have an inbox?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: Why do I suddenly have an inbox?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Go to Authors, pick an author you'd like to send a message to, and select Contact Author. Not sure if it's supposed to allow writers to communicate with other writers or not but there it is...This will be nice when affiliates sign up under your name - now you can give them encouragement/advice etc. if you don't know them personally.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks Celeste. Well, I don't have a for instance, but I know there have been times when I wished I could communicate personally with people ... things I'm not comfortable with on the open forum.

Looks like a good tool.
Lor
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

[quote="Celeste Stewart"]Go to Authors, pick an author you'd like to send a message to, and select Contact Author. Not sure if it's supposed to allow writers to communicate with other writers or not but there it is...This will be nice when affiliates sign up under your name - now you can give them encouragement/advice etc. if you don't know them personally.[/quote]

Celeste, it would be nice if in the future incarnation of the site you could make the names on our affiliate lists link to their profile. Until they get a few articles sold, and are on the author list, there is not way to contact them through the pmail system.
Celeste Stewart

Well, that would be nice but I'm just a writer like you. I don't have anything to do with the site changes so I can't make those changes.

BTW, my name is listed as a moderator on the boards because I volunteered to delete spam messages but I'm not a CC employee or anything like that. But I'm sure if you posted that suggestion to the Site Suggestion thread they'll consider adding it to their list.
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

O.K., sorry.
Celeste Stewart

No need to be sorry. Just clarifying my role.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Great idea cgardner, we can put that on our list of things todo.

As for the inbox, indeed it is new and we've rolled it out to everyone. We haven't made a big todo about it, because were still working to get all of CC notifications to flow into the inbox, but by the end of Monday we should have acceptance and rejection notices appearing in your inbox. And then our next job will be to move the Q&A section into the inbox, so you can expect that to happen in the coming weeks.

Word Gypsy, I'm really sorry that your first message was spam... we're definitely going to do everything we can to make sure that the messaging system doesn't get spammy, we will always require people log in to send a message so at minimum we'll be able to ban people who our sending spam once we hear about them... If you do receive spam, please send an email to support@constant-content.com

We're hoping this will be a new tool to facilitate your writing work within CC, just a friendly reminder that our terms and conditions regarding sharing contact information through the new inbox system or the old Q/A system "Users may not use the Constant-Content.com system to exchange contact information, including email address, phone number, fax number, home address, website address or any other information which could be used for author customer communication outside the Constant-Content.com system."

It's important both for your livelihood and ours that we keep great authors and customers coming to the site. And we certainly appreciate your efforts (beconrad) to educate customers that the best way for them to get great content is through Constant-Content

Thanks for your patience as we work through the growing pains of improving Constant-Content.com.

jrichards
-Support
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

I am not getting mail to Yahoo or to the CC inbox. I am pretty sure my last submitted article has been accepted, because it is no longer in review on my content page. But I do like to be properly notified, then I can be sure :-) Is email still acting up?

Gail
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

I didn't get my acceptance notices in the CC email today either, but it shouldn't be long now since they said it should be up and running by the end of Monday (for acceptance/rejection emails anyway). Can't wait! Maybe we'll see some of it starting tomorrow :)
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

I got all my notices through my email, none in my inbox.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Nice... got my first acceptance notice in my CC inbox! I'm happy it's all starting to come together :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

This is super news. Thanks for letting us know.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Me too. Thanks CC