New at posting but not so new

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Mary Rose-Sellers

New at posting but not so new

Post by Mary Rose-Sellers »

Hello,

I am another newbie in submiting articles and pictures at CC. I registered quite a few months ago, but I was very hesitant in submiting anything. I hope what I submitted will be accepted and be able to sell something.

By the way I am Mary.
Nessiee

Re: New at posting but not so new

Post by Nessiee »

Hello Mary and welcome to Constant-Content :) I wish you all the best here and if you have any questions, just ask away, because I'm sure someone here will be able to find you an answer. There's a ton of really helpful and knowledgeable people on these forums. Mind you, you probably already know this since you've registered some time ago. Either way, best of luck!
Mary Rose-Sellers

Thank you Nessiee,

I just hope that eventually I will be able to sell some articles. So far no luck yet. I shouldn't sound so pessimistic. I have only submitted two ....

Thanks again...
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Mary,

It took me a few weeks to make my first sale but since then I haven't looked back. My suggestion is to keep submitting articles and build up a decent portfolio. I have been writing for CC for close to six months now, and have just under 50 articles accepted. Of those, I have sold 26 licences and recently, have been selling an article every few days, which is terrific. I find the more I submit, the more I sell generally. I have also sold some articles that were written in my first couple of months recently, so sometimes it does take a while to sell. Do not give up yet! Keep submitting those articles and soon you will make your first sale.

Kind regards,

Hayley
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Yes, sometimes it can take a while to sell the articles, but I find that a buyer comes around eventually if you are willing to wait. I've had some of mine even sell a year or two later. (Yes, I've been around here for a while, though I'm not as fast as others obviously, since I'm also around the 50 accepted mark too... I really should write some more.) My favorite though are those few times when an article sell within hours of getting accepted. I rather like those ones ;)

Anyway, just keep at it, and I'm sure you'll do great. I always think of this writing as a long term investment. Sure, I don't usually see the money from my work immediately, but sometime down the road, I feel that I'll be more than compensated for my efforts :)
Mary Rose-Sellers

Thank you both Nessiee and HayleyWriter.

Your words are very encouraging. I'll just keep at it.

Thanks again,

Mary
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

Hi Mary!

I'm pretty new here myself, and all I can say is the money is there if you want it. I have made most of my money from writing for public requests, and we happen to have some great ones right now. If I were you, I'd check them out. Also, check out the FAQ's, because it has the five best selling subjects on there. I try to stick to those, but sometimes, I just wanna write!

I can truly say this place has made me feel so much better about myself and my writing ability. I hope it does the same for you.

Deborah
Mary Rose-Sellers

Hi cgardener,

I will definitely check the FAQ. But I wanted also to find out if anyone knows. How long does it take for a pictre to be reviewed when submitting one? I submitted one a few days back and when I check to see where it stands it still says under review.

Thanks for all your responses and encouragements.

Mary
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

I read that other kinds of submissions (photo, illustrations, etc.) can take a while longer to be approved, so I wouldn't worry about it :)