Public Requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lor

Public Requests

Post by Lor »

I have 2 and possibly more articles for a public request. I don't want to send the requester an email via Q/A every time one is accepted here. Is is okay to send one # with a list of the others in the text of the note? Or would this be unfair to others? Should I simply mention there are others in my profile? Too many emails from one writer would be annoying, I'm sure. Can't find a ruling on this question.

Lor
Last edited by Lor on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed

Re: Public Requests

Post by Ed »

It's really up to you.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thank you, Ed.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'd keep posting them individually. Think about the customer's view. When he logs onto CC and opens his thread of requests, he'll have a list of all posts in the thread. He can click through each link and make his decision. They are all in one place. Making him go to your profile and wading through your articles would be more work for the customer and if he's going through dozens of articles, he'd probably have plenty to choose from as it is and opt not to go through these extra steps. I don't think customers are bothered when writers post multiple articles for their request. Plus, it builds name recognition - especially if he's liked your earlier submissions.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Thanks Celeste, I'm inclined to agree and I've done it that way. The concern was the number of emails from CC if they are directed to him/her via email as well as in the request on the site.

From the customer's point of view on site, it would be much easier and better for all.

Thanks again (pester is bester) lol
Lorraine