Status Waiting - Article Disappeared

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HayleyWriter

Status Waiting - Article Disappeared

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi

I have had an article with a waiting status on it for over a week now. It appears as though someone ordered it as a full rights licence but then didn't process the payment. Is it likely that the payment will still be processed through or is the article just null and void now and no-one can purchase it? Is there a time limit on articles being purchased from the order and then the article goes back to sale if not paid for or does it just sit on waiting forever? I don't want to give up a sale if the article has been ordered and will be paid for, but at the same time, I don't want someone to order it, never pay for it and then I never get paid for it, or a chance to sell it to someone else.

Please let me know about the waiting status!
DSWaltenburg

Re: Status Waiting - Article Disappeared

Post by DSWaltenburg »

I had one similar to that......it showed that the license had been sold, however, the article still showed up in my inventory. It said Order Processing-Unpaid, and took over a week for it to go back to ZERO licenses sold. I'm assuming the customer just abandoned their cart. Sounds about the same with yours.....you can contact support, and they may be able to give you a clear answer on the status.

Or----also, I have one that says Waiting, and it was sold, and paid for, so you can check your Account to see if your balance has changed. If it's disappeared, and your balance went up, then you've been paid, the customer has it, and the Waiting status is one of the CC glitches.

Good luck. Hope you figure it out soon!

Deborah
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks Deborah!
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

You're very welcome. It's entertaining to try to figure out all the lil glitchies that pop up from time to time. :)
heathercarreiro

Post by heathercarreiro »

I had a few articles put into a customer's cart for purchase but then the customer did not cash out.

After a while, I think it was a few weeks, the articles that had still not been paid for went back to being marked as unsold. I seems the system will reserve the customer's order, but only for a set amount of time. If they don't pay within that time, the article will go back to its original status and will be available for other buyers.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks Heather,

It's good to know the system puts the articles back on line after a time period. In this case, I took Deborah's advice and contacted support. They fixed the waiting status straight away, which was great and even better, I've since sold the article anyway.

Kind regards,

Hayley