Did I already make a mistake?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

pongalors

Did I already make a mistake?

Post by pongalors »

I finally managed to muster up the courage to submit my first article today - a response to one of the public requests. I made sure to fill out all the slots on the submission form, but the title I chose was already registered, so I was prompted to pick a new one. I did so, then clicked submit. However, as I clicked the button (in that awful moment of clarity when it's too late to do anything about it), I saw that the area where the article should be attached was apparently blank!

I'm absolutely positive that I attached the article, so I guess my question is this: when you have to pick a new title for your piece, do you have to re-attach the article?

If it did go through without an attachment, I'm so sorry!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Gretchen
HayleyWriter

Re: Did I already make a mistake?

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Gretchen

My advice is to click on your content in your profile section. Click on the edit button and your submission details will show so you can check if the article is attached. If not, click on the delete button. You can always delete the article and resubmit it before Ed views it. This way you can be sure it is correctly submitted. Once you click submit, the attached article does look as if it disappears for two seconds on the screen before you get the message "Your submission has been completed".

There have been a few times where I have panicked about a submission myself, and blessed CC for allowing us to delete a submission and resubmit before I have wasted Ed's time. I am sure Ed appreciates this feature too!

Kind regards,

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Also, when you go to the Your Content section and click on Edit as Hayley said, you can actually upload the attachment without having to hit delete. As long as the submission is still in the review phase, you can remove attachments and upload new ones.
pongalors

Post by pongalors »

Whew, it's all there. Thank you both so much, that's a great feature to know about - and one I'm sure I'll use plenty of times in the future in similar bursts of panic!
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks Celeste. I didn't know that either!

Hayley