Hey, get going!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

How many articles do you think you will write over the 4-day Thanksgiving break?

25+
17%
16-20
17%
11-15
17%
6-10
No votes
1-5
33%
17%

Total votes: 6

audrabianca

Hey, get going!

Post by audrabianca »

Yeah. Let's get this forum going. My Thanksgiving resolution--not to let working with short people recently potty trained drive me bonkers.

Here is a poll for fellow authors. If memory serves, I got little done last year because I travelled for the holiday. This year at home, I think it can be a productive weekend.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Hey, get going!

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Fun! I'll probably take it easy as the hubby won't stand for me constantly working even though I'm buried. I'm working on a tight deadline with a bunch due tomorrow morning so *hopefully* I can at least relax on Thanksgiving and then just do a few each day after. We'll see. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

I wish I had regular writing deadlines to complain about. Over the last few days sales were good, but I had a really slow first 3 weeks of the month here.

Keep up the good work, Celeste. If you ever need a substitute writer or someone to recommend to your buyers to assist with their need, let me know. I'm your gal. :)

AB
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I have journals in almost every room in the house. I lay in bed for an hour or two at night either reading or writing. On a good night I can write three to five articles in that time. I even take a journal to work with me so I can jot down notes if an idea pops into my head.

My wife writes novels so she never gets mad when I write. She actually encourages me to write more for several reasons (one being I'm happy here, and another being the money I'm making).
topdycke

Post by topdycke »

Wow! I'm amazed at how prolific writers can be. I'm not one of them, especially with family hanging about. If I get three done over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'll think I'm doing great. lol

May your turkey be brown, your potatoes creamy, and your pumpkin pie spicey!

T
JulianeAnders

Post by JulianeAnders »

I didn't keep count, but I am busy writing articles for a career website that I am making.
Highly technical writing and I am up to page 320 in size 10 font. (with a new page for each segment)

Only about 111 800-word articles to go. I probably wrote about 35 articles or 28,000 words over the extended weekend.

I wasn't keeping exact count.

If any of you are wondering how I type so fast, I use Vista speech recognition software. It needs to be proofread, but it is super fast.