questions about article rejection and resubmission process

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

drm1950

questions about article rejection and resubmission process

Post by drm1950 »

Hi,

My article "House Sitting Jobs in Mexico" was rejected for the following reasons:

"Your article's short summary and body are not clearly defined. Please separate them with the title, or include your short summary only in the submission form to prevent customer or editor confusion. The way you have your submission currently organized makes it seem as if you have redundant information included in your article".

I am not exactly certain what I need to do, and I do not want to keep making the same mistakes. The following is what I think the rejection means:

#1: The short summary should be included either in the File text article upload or in the short summary box on the submit article page, but not in both places. Is that correct?

#2: The article Title should only be included in the Title box on the submit article page and should not be in File Text article upload. Is that correct?

Have I missed anything I have not mentioned regarding the reasons for rejection?

The last thing is about the article resubmission guidelines. I have browsed through the article rejection forum and have reviewed the writer submission guidelines. I could not find a clear, at least clear to me, outline of the resubmission process. Could someone kindly explain to me what the resubmission process entails or at least provide me with a link to a post that explains complete resubmission guidelines? I want to get this right.

Thank you,

drm1950
BarryDavidson

Re: questions about article rejection and resubmission process

Post by BarryDavidson »

You "resubmit" the same way you submit. They don't keep the articles on file after they're rejected, so a new copy has to be uploaded anyway.

[quote]Please separate them with the title[/quote]

That means to put the short summary first (if you're going to include it in the actual body of text), put the title in between, and then the actual article.

The title and byline can be included in the body of the text. Some people do, and other's don't. If you're only selling for usage or unique rights, it's a good idea to add both the title and byline. This way you can be sure you'll be credited with writing it.

Most people don't include the short summary in the text of the file. It can confuse an editor and the customers (plus there's not supposed to be any significant editing done to the article if it's sold for usage or unique rights). If you copy/pasted the first paragraph into the short summary however, it will be rejected.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks, Barry. This explanation was perfect. I hope it answered your question, drm.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

No problem Ed. After staring at a trademark law website for an hour, answering a question was a welcome change.
drm1950

Post by drm1950 »

Barry and Ed,

The explanation was great and did answer my question.

Thanks much,

Dennis