A question about public views

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LMSorrels

A question about public views

Post by LMSorrels »

When submitting the article to the client, should it be the full article. I know that we normally only post up to 70%, but what about when the article is being sent through Q/A?
HayleyWriter

Re: A question about public views

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi

You always submit the full article by linking your file whenever you submit an article. You can show about 70 per cent of that article, but a minimum of one third of it in the extended summary (I usually just cut and paste a section from my article file from word!).

The question and answer section for the public requests allows you to link to an already approved article. You must go through the normal submission and approval process, before you can link your article to the requestor through this function.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

As far as the short summary goes, I believe we are not supposed to cut and paste text from the article into it. It's my understanding that the short summary should be an original blurb about the article, not a portion of it.

When posting an article to a public request, you'll go into the Q&A section where you'll find a "look up article" link. This opens a box of your approved articles. From there, you click on the desired article and it will link to your message.

In my opinion, posting only a portion of the article in the long summary does limit your chances of success but that's a decision each of us must make on our own.
LMSorrels

Post by LMSorrels »

Thank you! This helps clear some things up.