What happens if my first three articles are rejected?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

hawkeyentjc

What happens if my first three articles are rejected?

Post by hawkeyentjc »

Hi, my pen name is hawkeyentjc. I'm new to CC and I've just posted my first three articles which got rejected for the following reasons:
"Seven Deadly Mistakes Why Goals Fail" - Used first person POV
"How to Get the Promotion From Your Boss" - grammar
"Marriage & Relationship Tips: How Compatible Are You With Your Partner" - grammar

Yeah, it's my bad. Still new to the whole thing.

So I've corrected the mistakes and re-submitted some of them, and since the maximum submission for a newbie is only 3, I can only sit and wait until CC reviews them. However, I've been waiting for quite some days and there are no news about the review.

I read in the agreement that "if three articles are declined, Constant Content will accept no more submissions of my work". So does that mean because my first three articles were rejected, CC will no longer review them even if I re-submit with corrections? Hope somebody can clarify on this.

Thank you.
Ed

Re: What happens if my first three articles are rejected?

Post by Ed »

If corrections have been made sufficiently and you continue to submit error free work, there shouldn't be a problem. As has been said elsewhere, Constant Content's high quality standards require articles to be submitted without errors; authors who submit here must be able to proofread their own work. Please keep this in mind.

Thanks,
Ed
hawkeyentjc

Post by hawkeyentjc »

Wow...such a swift reply. Thank you Ed for taking your time to answer my question. Will do my best to ensure the best quality in the submitted articles.
ddaniels

Post by ddaniels »

Isn't it three submissions of the same article, if all are declined (of the same article), then no more submissions will be accepted?
Ed

Post by Ed »

If improvement is not evident, suspension can occur after three submissions total. Authors who submit to Constant Content must have a grasp of writing standards/rules. If you are not able to proofread your own work, it is advisable to have someone else look over your work before submitting and strive to correct bad habits/increase your own sensitivity to writing standards.

Ed
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

Just my .02, the titles of the first two articles aren't quite right. Sentence structure is a bit awkward.