Requested content strategy?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CourtneyRamirez

Requested content strategy?

Post by CourtneyRamirez »

Hello,

I've been registered for the site for some time and I need to put it to good use now! I am receiving the requests for content via e-mail but I rarely have time to write and submit that particular day. Due to my other obligations, I need to schedule new work a few days out.

What is the likelihood of having success with writing these requests for content any way? I know that since I'm not first in line, I may not be the winning writer but the articles would go onto my profile anyway. Would it be a better idea to just ignore the requests for content for now, and concentrate on other popular topic ideas?

Thanks for the advice,

Courtney
Ed

Re: Requested content strategy?

Post by Ed »

If you can't write for requests immediately, it's better to build your portfolio with articles that are not for requests. You might try writing on topics that are similar or on topics that appeal to you. However, we get dozens of responses to requests - sometimes long after the request has been filled. In my opinion, it's more likely that articles on other topics will get picked up because you won't be competing against those responses that are left over from the same request.

Ed
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Another consideration is whether the request is for one article, or for multiple articles. One article will receive a fair amount of submissions, particularly if the customer is willing to pay well. Some customers want quite a few articles, and you have a better chance of making a sale, IMO. Also, remember, if the topic is one that has general appeal someone else may very well buy it.
CourtneyRamirez

Post by CourtneyRamirez »

Thank you so much for your response!