Rejected due to sentences not in submission?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mtnbrooks

Rejected due to sentences not in submission?

Post by mtnbrooks »

I submitted an article "The Lure of Curb Appeal" and it has been rejected twice (the first time I used a different title).

The first rejection was regarding word choice and clarity. I found a few pronouns that were unclear and generally became unhappy with the quality of the submission. So, I decided to revise the entire article. I basically wrote a better article that ended up being more "based" on the first than a simple revision for clarity. I am confused about the rejection for the resubmission (below). I re-saved the new article under a new name (as well as the previous name to ensure there were no traces of the previous article. I did this so I would not accidentally submit a file with errors and thus waste the Editor's time. My diligence has left me surprised at the second rejection. It contains an example sentence that does not appear in any of my files or drafts (on the computer or printed for my own proofreading). The sentences cannot be found by checking on the computer or through manual searches. The sentences also seem inconsistent with my typical style, and even my word choice in the first rejection wasn't as bad as clip in the second rejection.

Should I simply resubmit my revised article for review again? It's possible I am in error, and I'm sorry if that is the case. I know you probably read several submissions on similar topics each day as well.

The Second Rejection:
==== Rejection Information for Your Article: ====

If a home's exterior has not been maintained or appears unsightly, it means it doesn't have any curb appeal. A house either has curb appeal or it doesn't. Please proofread for clarity/word choice.

==== End Rejection Information for Your Article ====
Ed

Re: Rejected due to sentences not in submission?

Post by Ed »

I noticed that the article was greatly changed, so thanks for taking time to revise it. The problem with clarity was minor from a reader's point-of-view, but still awkward. I can't recall the sentence precisely (it was located in the intro), but it use the words "unsightly" and "ill maintained" (or similar wording) to describe curb appeal. This would mean that the house actually lacks curb appeal (something appealing cannot be unsightly or show neglect), so the sentence needs to be reworded to reflect that. A house has curb appeal only if the exterior is attractive and maintained.

I initially read your content details to see if this had been corrected from your initial submission. If "curb appeal" has not been described as unsightly or not maintained in your article, then it could be that the wrong version appeared in your content details.

Thanks,
Ed
mtnbrooks

Post by mtnbrooks »

Thanks for the quick reply. I must have sent a draft by accident. I'll triple check this time and make sure you get to see what I thought I wrote. I'm new to ConstantContent but not writing generally. Though I'm still looking forward to actually selling something through your service, so far I can only tell you how impressed I am with ConstanContent. Thank you again, Joseph
Ed

Post by Ed »

That's really nice to hear. You have had several articles approved already, so you'll see sales soon.

Ed