First Rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

chantelg4

First Rejection

Post by chantelg4 »

Hello,

I recently had an article rejected and would like to avoid having my account closed. Problem is, the email only states "does not follow submission guidelines". That is very broad to say the least. especially since I only have 3 shots at resubmitting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Author:Chantel Danis
Title: The Perks of Container Gardening
Ed

Re: First Rejection

Post by Ed »

Our guidelines state that a full one third of the article must be placed in the long summary. The guidelines state what is required of articles submissions, and authors must make sure to read them thoroughly and follow them carefully because articles that are not submitted according to the guidelines cannot be accepted.

Thanks,
Ed
chantelg4

Post by chantelg4 »

Ok, so it's because I did not submit 1/3? I just need to know which part of the guidelines since it was not said. I don't want to resubmit unless I have it right. I appreciate the feedback and time taken to answer my post. We'll try her again :)

Chantel
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

I'm not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure that Ed stops editing if he sees problems with the submission guidelines. So once he saw that the long summary wasn't long enough, he might have rejected it right then and there. If I were you, I'd have another read through of the article, just to make sure that everything is in order. You might want to double check the spacing on your long summary, too. If you copy and paste it, it can appear like one big blob of text - also against submission guidelines.

Hope I've helped,
Amy