Strange Feeling - seeing your content "out there"!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Aariana Adams

Strange Feeling - seeing your content "out there"!

Post by Aariana Adams »

I just found my first full rights article "out there" under someone elses name - not a word changed. What a strange feeling that is. Do you ever get to the point that you don't search for your articles anymore? That would mean you're too busy writing and selling, right.

Woo Hoo!

:D
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

LOL I know the feeling exactly. The first time I saw my article under someone else's name, it was exactly as you said: strange. Very strange. I just had to tell myself that I knew all along that someone purchasing full rights could very well put their name on my work.

Sometimes I take the time to find my articles and sometimes I don't. Usually if I really enjoyed writing a piece or if it had special meaning to me, I'll try to find it. But seeing as how I just brought my new baby boy home from the hospital yesterday evening, I don't think I'll be taking much time to search for articles in the coming weeks. In fact, I probably should be doing more important things than browsing CC's forums, but I just couldn't help myself. :P

~Elizabeth~
Lizaj

Post by Lizaj »

Congratulations! How wonderful.Your writing job just got considerably more challenging, huh? lol Awww my youngest "baby" is 13 and it just seems like yesterday. Congrats, again.
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

Elizabeth - congratulations on your baby boy! I hope you are feeling well. Some writers don't sleep much (just like new Moms) so the forums might provide some late night chuckles.

Here's wishes for a baby boy who likes to sleep, (naps included) no colic, sweet smiles and adoration for his Mom.

Aariana
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Congratulations Elizabeth.... I have a feeling we will be seeing some parenting articles soon ;)
HerbDoctor

Post by HerbDoctor »

In all honesty, I don't google for sold articles at all. I guess I look my articles as merchandise--I write 'em, I sell 'em and they're gone. I've just never needed to see where they went. I'm not sure why. :?

Lisa

P.S. to Elizabeth: Congrats on the new baby. :)
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

Since I'm absolutely new to content writing, I guess curiosity took over. Perhaps I'll sell enough to come back and say "oh no, never even think about trying to find my stuff - much too busy for that." :D

Thanks,
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Funny, I just sold an article today and the customer posted it immediately on his website. At first, it seemed like someone else's article, he had photos and all. I had to compare it to my MS Word doc, he didn't change it at all, it just seemed like it wasn't mine. Probably because I didn't write it for me, I wrote it for his request. So it was just a commodity to me, not a piece of my heart and soul.

PS - Congrats on the baby boy! I'll be joining you in May with the same situation. CC has already paid for the crib.....
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

Thank you all for the congrats! Things are going well on the mommy front, but I am taking a few weeks off from writing for some R&R. What's great about CC is I've still been selling a couple articles here and there even though I haven't been writing! :D

Congratulations to you, Celeste, on your upcoming arrival! I also have CC to thank for contributions to my "baby fund" and I was able to get all the cutsie things I wanted for my little boy. :D

~Elizabeth~
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

If only I had known about CC when I was pregnant a year ago! I lived on Ebay selling so I could get all the extra baby goodies. Congrats on your little boy. I am looking forward to my son's 1st birthday at the end of spring. With the extra money from CC I can be an Ebay buyer instead of seller. We're saving up for model trains, blocks, vintage cars & trucks, etc...I'm having the time of my life with my boy. I'm sure you will too! --Jennifer :D