sales disappeared

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

canywriter

Re: sales disappeared

Post by canywriter »

Yeah, this was also my first sale - which i posted so triumphantly on the newbie section - and then I got this mail saying it was fraudulent. Missery.index - was wondering at the name and the length of time the payment was taking. Am also worried about the disappearance of the unique and full rights.

Sigh. Hope this sorts out soon, and I do get to make a REAL first sale.:-(

CW
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi

CW - Don't worry too much, I'm sure you will make a REAL sale soon!

I'm sure Support will fix the articles so that the articles are available to purchase soon.

Hayley
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Any word yet on the missing full rights?
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

thanks, Hayley!

Hope it happens soon!:-)
CW
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

FRAUD ALERT: One of my stolen articles from the recent wave of fraudulent sales is on "Associated Content." The individual left the title intact and posted the article word for word. If you are also a victim in this, please look for your articles and contact "Associated Content." I am emailing support here at cc and you might want to do the same. The ac author name is Joel Peter.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks for the heads up Word Gypsy,

I've sent off a message to the Associated Content Copyright infringement policy and will be following up by phone tomorrow.

If you do find your articles in Joel Peter's portfolio, please email support@constant-content.com with a link to the article and the title of your article.

I'll keep you posted,
jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

It doesn't look like any are mine, but a quick check looks like all of them are S_T_O_L_E_N from here....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/4 ... peter.html

He has 16 articles, all published the same day. Check em guys, he did very minor edits, like a piece here by ghostwriter I think called Underwater Mortgages, 10 Ways to Increase Your Equity Fast is renamed 5 ways, but it's the same article...........

Ugh, it just makes me want to scream, C-C is a community of professional writers, do they think we don't watch each other's backs?
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Argh! Thanks for the link Elizabeth. My article on the list was never sold at all, even with the fradulent sales. He has just stolen it from the long summary, I think.
I'll be contacting support immediately!

Hayley
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Grrrr. He stole two of mine, and one was not part of the fake sales.

Between my missing full rights, the wrong name on one of my sold articles (still), and now my original content stolen and printed on AC, this has not been a fun introduction to CC!

If I hadn't already sold a few things, I would be rethinking this site without hesitation. I have, so I'm only thinking about rethinking. What a string of hassles!
Ed

Post by Ed »

This week has not been representative of the daily activities at CC. And, while the writers have only seen the posts that Support has made on the forums, they have been working extremely hard this week to get these issues resolved.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

This is actually one of the best sites I've found on the internet. Don't give up just yet.

I don't know if it's against the rules, but I contacted a website which hadn't put my name on an article which they purchased for usage rights. Since I wasn't trying to get outside sales, or trying to work out a deal with them I thought it would be okay to do so. I have customers who have contacted me via email, but I still insist that they buy my articles from here. They are just fine with that because it protects us both.

It does sometimes take a while to get the name addition or correction in place. It took ten business days for the site to add my name to the article. In your particular case, you probably need to have an email come from support explaining what happened (to a degree) to the customer.
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Barry: I was told that it is against the rules, even in this case. I sent a message to support when this all first went down.

Ed: Yeah, I know. I feel pretty certain that this doesn't happen all the time, or you'd have few writers behind you. It's rather disconcerting to be hit with a triple whammy so quickly, though.

I'm sure you're working hard, and I know it's even more of a pain for you than it is for me.

Looking forward to results! For now, I log in with a sense of trepidation.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Writers should always contact Support and should never contact the customer directly.
jak

Post by jak »

I just caught up with this. The link doesn't work any more so I suspect AC has fired him. Only one of my articles was affected and I don't know if it was on there. Did anyone get a google alert? If not, I wonder how that was circumvented.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I don't know, I was a big meanie and put up a comment "This is STOLEN content from hardworking authors at Constant-Content.com" in most of the articles and I sent him a nasty gram that said "Wow... you are so busted.... I can't believe you stole all of those articles from real hard working writers at C-C. Did you think professional authors don't use monitoring to watch their intellectual property?"

This is what I got back and it made NO sense :
"Sorry, just had not penseiq important post these texts there."

But now I too notice his account is gone... it looked like he took a bunch 2/28/2009 and then again 3/12/2009. I probably shouldn't have antagonized him but last night when I saw all those articles just completely stolen the pregnant momma in me growled really loudly! Just blame the hormones. LOL