sales disappeared

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: sales disappeared

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Jak, there would be no Google alert because the guy purchased these articles and was able to download them just as a legitimate customer would have done. Later, the credit card turned out to be stolen or something like that. So, he did not copy and paste therefore the hidden code was not a factor.
jak

Post by jak »

Thanks Celeste. Of course I hadn' t thought my way around all that. We can still be reassured that our google alerts will work re. the long summaries then.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Reposted from another thread:
Hi guys!
I just spoke to the AC general consul on the phone and he assured me that they are doing everything in their power to find and remove the stolen content. Instead of sending emails to AC now, send them to support@constant-content.com and I will take care of it. One of the problems that AC has is that our site doesn't allow any of the search engines to crawl our site, as that degrades the value of the content you all work so hard on. This means that when they run the stolen content through their plagiarism checkers it doesn't show up. We are working on a technological solution to this problem. For now though rest assured that our concerns are being taken very seriously by AC and that they are responding quickly and decisively to help us. Please let us know if you find any of your content has been posted without permission.

David Kool
Product & Content Manager, Web Properties
Cheanque

Post by Cheanque »

Does anyone know when the full use and unique rights will be re-assigned to our articles that were stolen and used on AC? I'm guessing there are still issues to be resolved about ownership before this happens? Sorry, Ed, if this has been addressed or is being addressed elsewhere or if I should contact support and ask them, just let me know.

Thanks,

Rick
Ed

Post by Ed »

That I don't know. I think that Support is still working out the details. If I find out any more information, I'll post here.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

I sent a mail to support about the other rights and it was reversed soon after. But while my content was part of the fraudulent purchase by missery.index, it hadnt appeared on AC.
( wonder if it is posted elsewhere?)

CW
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

He may just not have gotten around to posting it. Even with stolen content, it can take some time to post an article there, and we've established that he's not the smartest cookie in the box.

You're lucky that he may have been busted before he managed to publish everything.
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

I just discovered that my missing rights have returned. It might have been some time ago. I only just remembered to check again. Thanks, CC!
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Out of my 5 articles that were fraudulently purchased by missery.index 2 weeks ago, 3 had their unique and fullrights restored. Not sure why the other 2 haven't been restored yet. I e-mailed support 6 days ago about it and was told all affected articles were going to be back in circulation that day.

Also, I asked them to check my account because my earnings for the month don't add up (it's less than what I'm supposed to earn after CC commissions). It's the second time I've e-mailed support about it, but that problem still isn't resolved after 2 weeks. I don't want to keep bugging them, but with March soon ending, it would be nice to have the right amount of earnings reflected in my account before the March payments are made :o)
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

I spoke too soon--two are still missing the unique and full rights. Oops. I'm glad to have some of them back, though.
sranta

Post by sranta »

Both of mine that were bought fraudulently are still missing full/unique rights.

Anything we can do to speed this up?
Constant

Post by Constant »

We are in the process of restoring the proper rights to all articles affected by the fraudulent sales.