How long do acceptances take

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ross

How long do acceptances take

Post by Ross »

For someone to okay or not an article that I write for a request?
For the site to okay an article?
Last edited by Ross on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lola

Re: How long do acceptances take

Post by Lola »

You can answer a request whenever you want. The buyer will usually just buy the first article or articles they really like, so I would try to answer requests soon after they are posted. Ther person requesting may need the article in a few days or they may not need it for a few weeks.

Remember though that if the original person that requested the article does not choose to buy your article, your article is still available on the website, and it is likely that someone else will come along and buy it later.

It usually does not take long to get an article approved, but it just depends on how much work Ed has. Your article may approved in a matter of hours, or it may take a couple of days.
HayleyWriter

Re: How long do acceptances take

Post by HayleyWriter »

Ed doesn't work on weekends as a general rule, so usually articles will sit in review over the weekend. Articles written for requests are given a priority, so other articles may take a day longer to get through the review process. If you write for a request and tick that box when you submit the article, the article will be visible to the requestor for three days after Ed approves it before the article is visible by other prospective customers on the site.

I'm not what you mean by "for me answering a request". You write articles and submit the finished article to the request, so the answer is however long it takes you to write and proofread your article. You do not have to bid, tender, or harass the customer with details on "I can write this for you at this price" on this website. Instead, you just submit your finished articles for the request. It is unlikely that a customer will reply to you with an "acceptance" for a quote on an article as the customers will just purchase from the finished, approved, and available articles written by other authors. There is a lot of competition for public requests, so it is a good idea to also write articles on different topics to build up your portfolio as well as responding to requests.

Hope this helps, and welcome to CC!

Kind regards,

Hayley