Article Rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

spenayoung

Article Rejection

Post by spenayoung »

Hello,

I am new to Constant Content. I submitted two articles, with subsequent rejections:

"Creating Full Cinematic Sound in Your Music Mix" (-Please revise for clarity and punctuation.)

"Easy Ways to Save Money in Visual Effects and Sound on Your Next Film or Video Project" (-This article needs revised for unclear wording/syntax and sentence structure/awkward wording. )

I did not expect my first articles to be accepted, and I wanted some advice regarding whether the CC customers are looking for simpler, newspaper style writing (with shorter sentences, to the point, and less compound sentences). I think it is my overall style that is the problem, which may be appropriate to educational journals but is too wordy for this forum.

Any advice? I would like to become a regular contributor, and I do not wish to waste the editors' time due to an overly verbose style.

Thank you,
spenayoung
spenayoung

Re: Article Rejection

Post by spenayoung »

Also, is it true that after three rejections your account gets suspended? And would that be cumulative over a long period of time, or is it only initially to weed out unskilled writers?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Whatever style a writer chooses, he or she must be clear above all. We accept many types of content, but if the writing exhibits problems with clarity, sentence structure, punctuation, or other problems, we cannot accept it.

Suspensions occur when a writer does not show signs of improvement. Constant Content's writers must be able to consistently submit error-free, quality work.

Thanks,
Ed
spenayoung

Post by spenayoung »

Thank you, Ed. I will dissect and resubmit the articles.

-spenayoung
Ed

Post by Ed »

I apologize if this wasn't you, but overuse of "etc.," can reduce clarity just like technical/syntax errors can. The readers shouldn't have to come up with what the "etc." stands for herself. This information should be supplied by the author.

Thanks,
Ed
spenayoung

Post by spenayoung »

Hello Ed,

I know that in the section that asked for a 1/3 of the article I had put "etc." (I had read that some authors did not put full copies of their articles in this section for fear of others copying it without paying). I know that section of the article submission was very, VERY cryptic. Does that section affect article acceptance? Is there a high incidence of "borrowing" author text from this section without permission?

I also did use a few "etc." in the articles, as well. I can easily remove those and replace them with specific examples.

Any help you can give is invaluable.

Thank you again, Ed.

-spenayoung
Ed

Post by Ed »

If a full one third of the article is not placed in the content details, or if the content details is not formatted according to our guidelines, articles are rejected. Constant Content has a protections put in place to prevent others from swiping content from the content details from the cut and paste. While authors should always been aware that thieves who really want their content can find ways to take it, Constant Content is proactive about implementing measures to prevent content from being stolen.

If the content details contains actual excerpts and is readable and understandable to the customer, it passes the check and other parts of the submission form and attached document are reviewed.

Thanks,
Ed