Rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tentforum

Rejection

Post by tentforum »

My first article "Liposuction-Suitability and Recovery Stages" was rejected with following message 'We do not accept content with grammar errors". Kindly let me know what were the grammer errors.
Ed

Re: Rejection

Post by Ed »

It is the author's responsibility to find all errors before submission. Constant Content is unable to identify individual errors.

Thanks,
Ed
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

There are some helpful links and sites with exercises and information on correct grammar. Ed has pointed these out in the forums and they are also in the blog section. The purdue webpages are particular helpful. See the updates for authors and author exchange sections for these links.

Best of luck here,

Hayley
tentforum

Post by tentforum »

Is there any unwritten rule that only writers from English-speaking countries (U.S., U.K., Canada, etc) are preferred? I have noticed many articles at CC that do not fully conform to its standards. Let me know about it as it will be waste of time and we may never know where we erred and what the grammatical errors were. It is also not clear whether you follow American English or British English grammatical rules.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

CC allows both US and UK English. However, whichever style is used must be used correctly. If English is a second language, that's okay as long as the language is being used properly and sounds natural to English speaking readers. I know of several writers from around the globe doing well here.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Tentforum-

You may also see some articles that "do not conform to the standards" for a variety of reasons. First, older articles on C-C had different guidelines than current articles. Second, there are public and private requests that occasionally ask for content outside of the guidelines (very rare for public requests). For example, a number of months ago there was a requester looking for personal accounts about gardening I believe, and some of those who wrote for it may still be floating around.

At the end of the day, all you can do is write YOUR article to the guidelines posted. We all get a rejection once in awhile, even us veterans! Also, since our editor is human, there are a few times when mistakes slip through the cracks, my hunch is most often on the last few articles of a lengthy approving session for Ed ;). Just give your piece a few days to simmer. I spent 4 days on my first submission, over a year and a half ago. Once you look at it with fresh eyes, you should find glaring places for edits. After all, no piece of writing is ever truly perfect.
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

[quote="tentforum"]Is there any unwritten rule that only writers from English-speaking countries (U.S., U.K., Canada, etc) are preferred? I have noticed many articles at CC that do not fully conform to its standards. Let me know about it as it will be waste of time and we may never know where we erred and what the grammatical errors were. It is also not clear whether you follow American English or British English grammatical rules.[/quote]

Your best answer is me. I am from India, and have never been to any English speaking country. I have never spoken to any English man, except on three or so occasions, when I had to guide somebody to some place (mostly involving two or three sentences). And I try my best to converse entirely in my mothertongue at home. Still, you can see 'VJlenin' is a profile with some great sales here. I was not particularly very agile with CC. On the whole, I have done only a month's worth of work here, in closer to an entire year, and have made nearly a thousand dollars. I am sure I can do better.

So, my suggestion would be to read US or UK publications, watch movies and other programs to get a feel of how the language is used in English speaking countries. And follow all the grammar rules to the core. Use a dictionary and thesaurus for reference. I always do. Many words you know, are used wrongly in spoken language. Only a dictionary can tell.

One more thing, don't read a lot of blogs or other unprofessional publications, that can really hurt your language. I have felt it myself personally. After moving to blogging, I started reading a lot of blogs, and most are unedited and written by amateur writers from unknown countries. You can use them only to get some valuable information, not helpful to improve language. Use news sites, BBC, CNN, NYT, etc.

Lenin