Urgent Question about Requested Content Series of Articles

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nomocubie

Urgent Question about Requested Content Series of Articles

Post by nomocubie »

Hi,

I answered a request for content and sold 1 article. The request says the requester needs a total of 12 articles. Would the sold area say 12 if they want me to write the remaining 11? I need to know if I keep writing or if I just stop with the one article I sold? Thanks in advance for answers!

Thanks,
Brigitte
Celeste Stewart

Re: Urgent Question about Requested Content Series of Articles

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It's tough to say. The customer "purchase rating" is an indication of how many articles the customer has purchased, so if you keep an eye on that, you'll see it go up as the customer buys more articles. Also, you can keep your eye on the recently sold list to see if articles on the same topic have sold recently. If the topic is popular, I'd write a few more and see what happens. Good luck and congratulations!
nomocubie

Post by nomocubie »

Thanks so much for the very quick reply. With all due respect, I write for many paid sites and need to allocate my time based on paid customer requests. This reply has helped to let me know where this project (or if there is one) should be placed in the queue.

Thanks again,
Brigitte
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You're welcome. CC uses a different model than many of the other freelance writing sites. Instead of spending time preparing bids or settling for low upfront payments, we just jump in and write the article. While it seems counterintuitive to write on spec with no guarantee of payment, the model works nicely. If the article doesn't sell to the the current requester, it may very well sell to someone else later. Plus, you can always pull the article or price it for usage only and sell it to one of the other upfront payment sites.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Even if the customer in question has filled their quota, if you have more to write on the subject, I'd recommend writing them. It never hurts to have a large selection of articles ready to be sold. I've only uploaded 86 articles to CC, and 24 are still viewable. 62 have sold, and I don't think that number counts those which have sold for usage.