Stolen content again on AC

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

Stolen content again on AC

Post by nichewriter »

I got a Google Alert that one of my articles up for sale is on AC. It's actually the excerpt I have for a 1,200-word article on retirement planning that's on the dude's page. His name's Russell Howard (http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/4 ... oward.html) and he has a few articles up there. I've already e-mailed support about it, but thought I'd give a heads up to other C-C authors to check if their articles have been stolen too. And if you haven't yet, it's a good idea to set up a Google Alert for every article you have on C-C.
JKALLEN

Re: Stolen content again on AC

Post by JKALLEN »

I'm sorry to hear about this...but I must profess my ignorance. I think I saw something about setting up a google alert but I don't know how to go about doing this with constant-content. Do we need to do this for each article we write? Any tips?

Jennifer
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Hi, Jennifer. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts to set a Google Alert. Fill up the form on that page. For the search terms, I just put in the title of my C-C article (enclosed in quotations), then choose "Comprehensive" for type. As to how often, I choose "once a day", and then I specify the e-mail address I want Google Alerts to send the alerts to.
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

Two titles were mine.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

What with all the stolen content from C-C, I'm starting to think of Associated Content as a playground for plagiarists!
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Thanks for the heads up. Two of these are mine as well. WG