requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

yompers

requests

Post by yompers »

So I am brand new to this site... I saw there were a lot of ppl wanting articles writing in the requests, when I Click on all of them however they give me the information, but then at the top they all say expired... Even if the expire date is like a month from now? How does that happen?
BarryDavidson

Re: requests

Post by BarryDavidson »

It means that the customer has already bought an article/articles. Now, you can still write articles for that request. Sometimes customers need more than one perspective, and others they have a large number of articles they need (see: device driver requests).

I'm not sure if you can still respond to requests like you used to, but you used to be able to respond to any request and attach an article number for the customer to look at if they were inclined to do so. It also used to let you ask if they were still in need of articles, or for input about what they specifically need. I haven't written for a public request since the system changed a few months back.
JKALLEN

Post by JKALLEN »

I've been keeping my eye on this as I've been trolling the site and it seems to me that public requests are by default being tagged as expired even though they're not. Case in point, the most recent request to come in for more luxury content showed as 'expired' as soon as it appeared in the list of requests. You have to actually open up the request to see this expired flag, which is what i believe the first poster was referring.

Jenn
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

JKALLEN is correct. All the requests I looked at today said they were expired even though the expiration date was later in the month. So just write away, and submit to them.
charmbaker

Post by charmbaker »

Greetings and Salutations fellow writers. I'm Charm Baker, and I am new to the site. While I've submitted articles in the past with Associated Content, Helium, and some other online sites, I have yet to find an atmosphere as inviting, and potentially lucrative as CC. I was reading over some forum posts last night about individual "Eureka" moments. I look forward to having my own, and I'll be sure to share it. Regarding the "Requests", I was wondering the same as the other posts here, but my curiosity was satisfied when I read several posts indicating that Newbies do well to just start off writing what they want. If the topic is interesting enough, someone will want to purchase it. I'm all for that! It is, however, good to know that I shouldn't be discouraged by all the "Requests" appearing expired. When I do decide to respond to one, I'll just write my article and let the chips fall where they may. ttfn