help for formating

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

karensawyer

help for formating

Post by karensawyer »

Help! I am somewhat computer illiterate. My word documents keep getting rejected. How do I convert them to text that won't be rejected. I'm using Windows XP 2007. Please help me.
Celeste Stewart

Re: help for formating

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi, if you have Word 2007, Word automatically saves the file with the DOCX file extension. Unfortunately, CC doesn't accept this new file format. So, you need to save your documents with the older, more universal DOC file extension. It's easy. Open your file in Word and click on the round icon in the upper left corner of the screen (the Office button). Choose Save As and pick Word 97-2003. Upload the new DOC file to CC.

If you want all future documents to save this way, go to the Office button, click Word Options. Click Save. Choose Save Files in this Format and select Word 97-2003. Click OK to confirm.
karensawyer

Post by karensawyer »

Thanks, seems so easy, you think I could have figured it out but that's why I have teenagers. They're just not around when I need them. I appreciate it!

Karen
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Trust me, Word 2007 is NOT easy (especially if you're used to earlier versions). Glad to have helped.