Nervous about recently sold articles...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

Nervous about recently sold articles...

Post by nichewriter »

I apparently sold 5 articles today to a new buyer (someone who's not bought my articles before) and now I'm nervous about it, thinking this one is like all those fraudulent sales. I really, really, REALLY hope I'm wrong! This one has me on the edge of my seat, though. *sigh*

I looked at the recently sold articles list and noticed something very odd -- 2 articles (not mine) selling twice for fullrights.

nw
HayleyWriter

Re: Nervous about recently sold articles...

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Nichewriter,

While selling five articles in one day is a bit unusual, it can happen. If the articles are all related, for example on finance or insurance, it is highly possible that the customer has bought articles in your niche for a website. I wouldn't stress too much yet - the buyer could indeed be genuine. Just don't spend the money yet, just in case the transaction is reversed in the next couple of days. Otherwise, assume a customer bought a batch of related articles for a website. I've had similar cases where the customer has bought several articles and later come back to purchase more of my articles too.

The triple and double selling of full rights articles is obviously a glitch.

Hayley
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Thanks for the reply, Hayley. This buyer bought my insurance and credit-related articles. I don't worry about the other articles I sell in these two niches because I could see that they are from my usual buyers, but this one just made me a little nervous because he (or she) has never bought an article from me.

I'm not celebrating just yet, because I don't believe in spending money I don't have in my pocket (or in this case, Paypal), but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this one is legit! ;o)

Hope you're having a good day there in Oz!
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Nichewriter,

Think positively - you've just picked up a new customer!

It's "Oh my goodness, it's early time here" - 5am. I must be obsessed with CC! Couldn't sleep, so I got up to check the site and see if I had any sales. Not yet, but still hoping.

Congratulations on the sales - you've been doing very well lately I notice.

Kind regards,

Hayley