Just a question re my poetry

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

susie2

Just a question re my poetry

Post by susie2 »

Hi, all,

I recently sold a poem here and wondered if I can either write to the buyer asking if he'd be interested in more poems (through CC, of course), or if I can submit my non-rhyming poems since there is a renewed interest in it. Many thanks. If you could let me know either way, I'd appreciate it.

Susie
HayleyWriter

Re: Just a question re my poetry

Post by HayleyWriter »

My understanding is that is poems are not accepted under the usual submission guidelines. The only exception is when a customer makes a specific request for a different style of writing. So, the basic answer for submitting poetry would be no. We cannot contact the customers outside of the CC system, so the only way to contact that customer would be through the email system if the customer previously sent you an email and you can press the reply button, or through the send message link on the request. As the request for poetry is now closed, the latter is now impossible.

CC does not really aim to cater to the poetry market, and I suggest you find another outlet for those kinds of creative works. Maybe some of the poets who also write on the site can make some suggestions.

Hayley
susie2

Post by susie2 »

Thank you, Haley. Yes, I mentioned that about writing the customer through the Constant Content email system, but since the customer didn't contact me to ask me about it, I will submit my poems to other places. Much appreciation.

Susie
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Susie,

I have a chapbook or three filled with poetry of varying types. I originally found this site because my wife found the old submission guidelines and told me to check it out. While poetry was no longer accepted, I did have quite a few other types of writing (satire, political, op/ed, and articles published elsewhere which I still own the rights to).

I have one book of poetry almost ready to go, but publishers aren't generally looking for my type of writing. That book is almost completely humor. Eventually I may just decide to self-publish it. For now though I don't have much time for anything. Hell, I even forgot to add a short summary to my most recent submission here. At least I'm getting plenty of ideas for real estate and moving articles. That, and a few unkind things to say about satellite internet connections.

I suppose I should write about finding a nine bedroom house on five acres in the country. There's nothing like sitting on your front porch and hearing only the silence of nature - not to mention the lack of over-bassed music which rattles the pictures off your wall.

What type of poetry to you write?

**We should probably move this discussion to the "Author Exchange" or "Common Place" threads.