Recipe Frustration -- Attn: Ed

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JKALLEN

Recipe Frustration -- Attn: Ed

Post by JKALLEN »

Hello Ed or anybody else who may be able to answer...

I've been trying to answer the request for original recipes that are diabetic friendly. As a chef I have a gazillion original recipes and submitted a few of them. Once I finally figured out the proper formatting for recipes in here I figured I was good to go, but 2 of them got rejected for not using original content (aka copying). I ran them through plagium.com and came up with no matches.

Nearest I can figure is that some of the ingredients are being tagged as copies, like: Low-Sodium Soy Sauce, or Fat Free Chicken Stock. Otherwise, while the recipe names themselves may not be entirely original, the recipes are. How many ways can you call Cod Provencal, Cod Provencal after all! LOL

Anyhow, just wondering what I'm missing here. I don't like rejection!

Thanks in advance,

Jenn
Ed

Re: Recipe Frustration -- Attn: Ed

Post by Ed »

Unfortunately, some of the instructions were also similar enough that I could not accept them. While there is bound to be some overlap with recipes for certain dishes that have been published by others, too much overlap is problematic, especially when it occurs in a large chunk of text.

Thanks,
Ed
JKALLEN

Post by JKALLEN »

Hrm, very interesting. I'll take another look at that.

Thanks,

Jennifer
Lor

Post by Lor »

Jennifer,
Hook up with copyscape. I think it's $5.00 or 100 checks or something like that. You can enter the complete text and it will show where it's been used. It will also pull phrases and show you where those same phrases have been used. I don't know how plagium works, but if Ed found repeats or overlaps, plagium may not be a good place to check. Recipes are difficult, I think, in that they could so easily have similar or the same phrasing and titles. It may be a simple fix, knowing what phrasing and titles show as a repeat. Hope that helps some, too.

Lor
RoxanneG

Post by RoxanneG »

http://www.articlechecker.com/ is a great place to use as well.