Two rejections in a row...

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

damon929

Two rejections in a row...

Post by damon929 »

Hi. Could someone please help? I am working on 13 pieces under one private request. It is SEO content for a health insurance site, rich in keywords... 13 pages for different "specialty" types of health insurance, but all basically saying the same thing and that is that you can get instant quotes from the website, compare different plans side by side, etc. The first three were accepted by CC but the next two were rejected for not being "original content." I have NO idea why they were rejected.

I am doing each page individually and selling them to the customer one by one... and all I can think of is that they are now being rejected because they sound very similar to previous ones I submitted... the thing is, they are meant to be somewhat repetitive of the other pages... because I was given a specific set of phrases and keywords to work with. Can someone please tell me if this is why they were rejected and if you will consider approving them or tell me what it is I have been doing wrong.

I've sold more than 50 pieces on CC and this is the first time (I think) I have been rejected.

Help.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Two rejections in a row...

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I often have to write repetitive content for a couple of clients. It's tough sometimes, especially when there's not a whole lot to say. Doing them one by one helps because a little time away from the topic may give you a fresh perspective. Using different angles helps too.

Maybe try mixing up your formula. For example, if you're following a basic outline on all of the articles, the articles will begin to sound familiar and may even have enough duplicate phrases to trigger a match through iThenticate or Copyscape.

If your outline looks like this:
Description of the type of insurance
Benefits of using the service (list and describe each feature)
Get an instant quote

You might try an article that takes a different course:
Intro with stats (ala "According to ___, xx percent of homeowner's insurance policyholders are underinsured")
Why policyholders don't get around to comparing rates
How easy it is to get a free quote
What to expect when comparing plans

Another article might use a different voice:
Did you know that _____?
Are you one of the policyholders that pays too much for insurance? (List a few average prices from well known authorities)
Do you have 15 minutes to spare? It could be well worth your time to get an instant quote.
When you click the Get a Free Quote button, here's what will happen:

Hopefully Ed will remember what the problem was. In the meantime, maybe my tips will help.
damon929

Post by damon929 »

Your tips are always helpful Celeste... but I believe I tried to do that. The thing is... I fear that it is the phrases themselves that may have caused the rejection. But the phrases have been requested for every page. This is my concern.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, I figured you probably already do those things. We'll have to wait and see what Ed says. If the phrases are triggering the duplication problem, in future submissions, you might include a note in the short summary along the lines of:
The keyword phrases ______, ______, and _____ appear per the customer's request.
damon929

Post by damon929 »

Now THAT is a GREAT idea Celeste. Of course... there is a good possibility I flubbed it all up and Ed will let me know... :)
damon929

Post by damon929 »

I think it is also important to mention that the client is not looking for "articles" per say... but more "canned" content that makes him look like every other website for search engine spiders. Ya know?
Ed

Post by Ed »

It isn't keyword phrases, which I am aware that you are using. It's chunks of text as large as paragraphs that are showing up as not original. These unoriginal portions have nothing to do with prior submissions.

While it's understandable that the information is going to match that of many other pieces of content published on the web due to the nature of the topic, the wording must still be original. If your customer wants similar wording from article to article for his site, that's his business, but it can't match that found on other sites.

Thanks,
Ed
damon929

Post by damon929 »

Thanks for the reply Ed... I assume I was relying to heavily on the "example pages" he had given... I ran them through a program I have for such things and they came up clean... I will rework them. Thank you for the specific information.

Damon