What's Everyone Working On This Week? 4-10

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

HerbDoctor

What's Everyone Working On This Week? 4-10

Post by HerbDoctor »

OK, so it's not actually the 10th but what are you working on this week?

Mostly this week I'm re-working my own site. I haven't put up anything new since early February. Other than that, I'm just really not sure. I think I'll move the laptop outdoors and see if I can give myself a little kick.

What's on your screen this week?

Lisa
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Did a little movie review of Curious George since I took my daughter to see it yesterday. I'm thinking of some Spring Cleaning types of articles and I think I'll combine a series of mini articles I did per a disappearing request into a larger more cohesive article.

Lots of requests but none are catching my eye this week.... it's tough when they're older or have tons of submissions already - hard to know if they want more, if what they've seen hasn't caught their fancy etc....plus I know some have already purchased the content described....

Finally gonna have a little free time to write so I'm happy! :D
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

religious articles

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know whether religious articles have a chance of selling?

Also I sold an article for full rights and I understand that another writer can take credit for it, but I see that's what's happened and it's a bit upsetting! What do others think?

Best Regards,

Lisa
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

I'd say give it a try. There is no telling until someone actually posts it. ;)

I'm working on flowers, teeth and celebrities this week. :) All articles not the actual thing. :) Not to mention having to get ready for Easter. :)
HerbDoctor

Re: religious articles

Post by HerbDoctor »

Lisa-Anne Sanderson wrote: . . . What do others think?
In all honesty, I wish every article I sold would sell for full-rights. I don't know why it doesn't bug me, but it just doesn't bother me one bit to think that someone else's name is on my words. Maybe I'm just old and cynical but I see my articles the same way I saw the herbal products I used to make--I produce them, I sell them and I go on. :wink:

I'm with Eliza--try the religious articles and see what happens. You never know.

Best Wishes,

Lisa
Celeste Stewart

At first, I was a little put off at the thought that someone could claim my work as theirs but now I write with that in mind and it doesn't bug me in the least. I get more $ for full rights and that's my goal. When I write with that in mind the work just becomes a product rather than a piece of my soul.

Besides, I write under a pen name specifically for these internet types of jobs so that my own name doesn't become tainted - not that it would - but it gives me freedom to write about whatever I want without risking ruining my own reputation. So if I want to write about the benefits of snorting cocaine or something absurd like that, my real name is not attached to it and my more serious novel writing for young adults won't be affected.

My novel on the other hand, I could never sell it for someone else to take credit for. That is a labor of love and my heart and soul has gone into it.
HerbDoctor

Post by HerbDoctor »

Celeste Stewart wrote:. . . When I write with that in mind the work just becomes a product rather than a piece of my soul.
But that doesn't mean that you don't care about it or that you don't put 100% into it, right, Celeste?

I write health articles. It's hard to see them as artistic expressions and perhaps that's part of why it doesn't bother me to let someone else take credit for them.

Lisa
Celeste Stewart

Right, I DO care about them. It's just my attitude going in is that I know these are products for sale rather than extensions of myself. If that makes sense....

Plus oftentimes the topics are just topics rather than passions.
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

boy are those wedding articles being bought. :) Congrats to those that wrote them.
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

I'm not sure what I'm going to write about. I wrote about pets shedding last time, but right now I'm trying to figure out what's really selling like hot cakes other than mortgage articles. Something will come to me sooner or later. I will probably just write about whatever pops into my head.
SallyA

Post by SallyA »

As soon as I try to write something on a topic that`s selling well it suddenly stops selling! So I`m sticking with the health articles at the moment. I`m also trying my hand at a bit of travel writing this week.

Happy Easter everyone! :D
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

Lol, I know the feeling, Sally.
SallyA

Post by SallyA »

Glad I`m not the only one then! :D
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

Indeed ^_^.
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

Phew. Glad to see I'm not the only one on the net today. Yes, I'm also writing, heck I did the playing earlier and now kids want a break from me. What better way to take a break then to write? After all, they are having fun with their friends.

I have noticed, trying to stick with the hot ones doesn't get me anywhere so I'll write whatever pops in my head.

From flowers, furniture to the kids and school. Whatever strikes my fancy. :) Happy Easter Everyone.