Why was my article rejected??

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Thewriter

Why was my article rejected??

Post by Thewriter »

I submitted an article with the title: "What Is Experian Advanced Risk Score 2.0?". The reason was grammar mistakes. Will the moderators be kind enough to point any for me, because I can't find any.
Ed

Re: Why was my article rejected??

Post by Ed »

Authors are responsible for finding their own errors. Please use the self-editing tips found in this thread to help you identify your own errors:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14407

Thank you,
Ed
Karen525

Post by Karen525 »

I came in here to see if I want to write for this site. It seems by reading the posts that the editors are very strict and expect people to be perfect. Is there a big turnover of writers here?
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

It depends. Those who come looking to make a quick buck and not really professionally write for a primarily web market do go quite quickly. Others of us have been here for years. There are numerous writers who worked hard for a few months to build their portfolios, start relationships with regular buyers through private requests, and research to stay on the pulse of what's hot content for the moment. Those writers use their income here at Constant-Content as income to live on. There are others, like myself, who have been here since late 2007, who write part-time for the joy. I make a modest hundred or more a month only working a few days out of the month. This is a part-time job for me.

The bottom line if you want to write for Constant-Content is to realize you need to know how to write. That isn't an issue of style or anything, but you need to be able to write grammatically and logically, and edit your own pieces for wordiness and clarity. You also need to go through the writing guidelines with a fine-tooth comb to learn the submission process and rules. Many new writers become frustrated with the guidelines, but in professional writing all publishers have their own submission guidelines; failure to follow them may just get your writing thrown in the trash can sans a rejection letter. Also, don't be misguided by the title "editor" for Ed. Ed doesn't edit our work for us, he checks to make sure it is up to par for the catalog of articles here on the site. Ed's role is more as a service to authors and buyers. For buyers, he is a check on random, unresearched, plagiarized, and low quality material. For authors, he prevents the poor quality writing from reducing our writing's quality by association.

But don't be too afraid to even try. The buyers here are willing to pay top dollar for well-written, thoughtful content. For example, I took my personal research into modern cloth diapering, which I am using for my brand new daughter, and wrote over $150 worth of articles on the subject. They all sold. It took 3 months, but since I became so engrossed in the subject, I figured others might too. So I wrote a few pieces about the overview of modern cloth diapering, how cloth diapering as an industry is a resurgence of cottage industry made possible by the Internet, etc. It was fun for me.

So if writing is fun for you, then you probably found a great place. If writing papers in high school or college was your least favorite thing to do, and you are looking to write more imperfect rant-style writing, this isn't the venue for you. It's what you make it. :) Good luck and welcome. I hope you give it a try, the authors here are very friendly, something else you won't find in many places.