Suspension Question & Apology

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kianakelly

Suspension Question & Apology

Post by kianakelly »

Hello!

I have been reading the forum posts recently in order to learn more about Constant Content, and I am quite excited to become a part of this group.

Unfortunately, I very impetuously submitted articles which really were sloppy. No excuses, but I am embarrassed and would like to redeem myself and resubmit.

Here's the thing: First I submitted them in the wrong font size, so they were rejected. I went back, changed the font size, and quickly submitted them again. They were rejected again, and this time for "clarity and grammar" & because I *did* use similar information in two articles.

When I reread the articles, I have to admit that I totally agree with the editor. I have been trying to work as a writer again, with my four little boys at home, and I think (I know) I just assumed there would be lax standards here, as there are elsewhere.

It's kind of more than a little embarrassing to admit that I was not submitting my best work.

Now that I have been acquainting myself with Constant Content and the forums, I would like to re-resubmit.

Is there a rule that if I am rejected once more, I am suspended? This is what I understand from a few of the forum posts, but I am not certain. What is the "rule" for suspension and how many rejections one may have?

Thank you so much!

Wendy
cleocat2001

Re: Suspension Question & Apology

Post by cleocat2001 »

I doubt that you are suspended. Did you get an e-mail that implied something to that effect? I submitted my article in the wrong text format, the first time. I, then, submitted it again and got the same answer as you " grammar etc. I thought it was perfect when I submitted it again. The third time. Again I got a note that said it was rejected. I posted an extract in the Constructive criticism thread and Celeste pointed out a few things that might have been the reason for the rejection. The checking is way beyond that of other article sites. I had silly mistakes that I should have picked up but didn't.

I have no problem submitting to other article sites. My ezine articles are picked up by publishers on a regular basis and I have many articles ranked at 1 at Helium.

I think what makes this site different is that they are really just accepting absolute high quality and nothing else.

If you think about it, here you charge around $20 for an article and that is just for usage. You won't get it on any other site.

I am going to take my time before I submit again. I was told that I can't submit the same article again, so I'm going to do something new. If you didn't get that type of notice with your rejection, I'm sure you can submit the same article again. Just make sure it is perfect this time.

Good luck and believe me you are not alone with your rejection. I was angry the first time I got rejected but now I realize it was a wake up call.
kianakelly

Post by kianakelly »

Thanks for the encouragement. I am thrilled with the quality here. I honestly am glad for the wake up call. I just re-resubmitted an article...greatly modified. I hadn't been suspended yet, but really couldn't figure out the policy...I wasn't totally sure if it was "three strikes" and you're out or something more nebulous (but perhaps more humane). It seems to veer toward humane : )

We'll see ; )

Thanks

Wendy
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

I've seen Ed post somewhere in the past... don't quote me on this, but the general idea of his post was that the "three strikes and you're out" rule is used to suspend, with a minimum of fussing and complaints and arguments, the authors who have a horrible grasp of English ("I accidentally this artickle") and not those who are "close, but not quite", or have formatting issues, etc. :) You should be fine.