Article Rejection Question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LindaM

Article Rejection Question

Post by LindaM »

I just received an article rejection for "formatting' but I'm having trouble figuring out what I did wrong. I found one comma out of place, but I am wondering if the rejection has to do with the title:

The actual title included in the body of the piece is "The Twilight Series - Why Young Girls Find it so Deliciously Seductive, but when I filled in the title line during submission, the auto-cap was on and it changed to "The Twilight Series - Why Young Girls Find It So Deliciously Seductive

I can't see anything else wrong, and I assume if formatting was listed as the issue, we are not talking about content...?

Thanks.
Linda
Ed

Re: Article Rejection Question

Post by Ed »

Please submit in the required font type and size. We do not accept 11pt. Calibri.

Thanks,
Ed
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

The wrong font gave me my first rejection. I had switched to Word 2007 and hadn't realized that 11pt Calibri was the default font. I wonder why that is? I never even heard of that font before. Anyway, I reset my normal document template to Time New Roman 12 pt. and never made that mistake again.

I don't care for Word 2007 for many reasons, but its default font may have cost me a sale, heh :)

Debbi
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

LOL My first rejection reason too!
I like Calibri. It's prettier, but I'm just a girl. :D
It's sad to say, but I submit in Arial just because I think it's a prettier font than TNR. LOL
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Sadly enough, I submit in Arial for that very same reason ;)
LindaM

Post by LindaM »

Ed wrote:Please submit in the required font type and size. We do not accept 11pt. Calibri.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed - My article in question "The Twilight Series" is formatted in New Times Roman 12 pt. Sorry to probe, but I'm at a loss here. If it's not the title, I can't see what to look for.

Thanks,
Linda
Ed

Post by Ed »

Other authors have indicated that they have had this problem, too. Before you resubmit this article, can you please resave it in 12pt Times New Roman? If that fails, I wonder if you would humor me and try another file type? I'd like to find a solution to this issue for when it arises again. None of your other articles have displayed this way, to my knowledge.

Thanks,
Ed
LindaM

Post by LindaM »

Ed,

I'm going to try resaving "Twilight" in Times Roman and send it to you again. I'll write you a note in the summary section to remind you of the issue.

Thanks for your help on this,
Linda