Locations

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Katie-Anne

Post by Katie-Anne »

Originally I'm from the north east of England, but now Eskilstuna, Sweden is where I call home. It's about a 1.5 hr drive west of Stockholm.

Katie-Anne (who met her Swedish hubby online - who knew vikings had internet access?! :D )
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

That sounds interesting indeed, Katie-Anne. How long have you been married?
Katie-Anne

Post by Katie-Anne »

8 happy years in August! We now have two little boys who will be 6 and 3 next month. Love on the internet is possible!

Katie-Anne
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

Wow, that's great! I'm very happy for both you and your husband :).
HerbDoctor

Post by HerbDoctor »

I wasn't born here but I live in Austin, AR--northeast of Little Rock.
LJade

Post by LJade »

Originally from the bluegrasses of Kentucky ... now I call coastal South Carolina home sweet home. (Just south of Charleston)

I love the water, the waves, the never ending ocean breeze that blows, the feel of sand between my toes and the feeling of freedom that comes over me when I'm near the sea.

I fell in love with the ocean the first time I saw her and I can't imagine calling any other place home.

LJade (Lisa)
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

That sounds wonderful, Lisa. :)
LJade

Post by LJade »

Thanks Galskygge, I really love it here but man o man ... it's HOT this year! Actually I can imagine living somewhere else, I just don't know if I want to or not.

My hubby is a native of Mexico. Last year I visited the South twice and saw our nearly completed home for the first time in person. My husband on the other hand is still in the bounds of immigration applications and hasn't visited Mexico for almost 12 years now. He's homesick and we're considering a move possibly some time next year if the process doesn't speed up.

Imagine that ... me, living in Mexico munching on tacos and refried beans all day, everyday. YUCK! If ya know anyone working for U.S. immigration please tell em to hurry LOL.

:arrow: Lisa :D
MarikaRamos

Post by MarikaRamos »

I'm from...well, everywhere! I was born in KY, but we moved all over the coutry when I was growing up because of my dad's work. I'm back in KY now, living in Lexington, but I'll probably pull up stakes in a couple more years and move to the middle of nowhere so I can grow my gardens and homeschool my kids in peace, lol.
The coolest place I ever lived was in Alabama, but I can't remember the name of the town! (I was four.) All I really remember about it was how pretty the sun looked setting over the water, and how the light seemed alive when it shone through the trees. That image is what got me started painting, and no matter how many times I try, I still haven't managed to capture that quality of light on canvas.
Eh. Enough blather. Gotta get some work done....
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

I just found this -- better late, than never, I guess.

I was born & raised near Pittsburgh, PA. (GO STEELERS!!!!) I moved to Nevada ater I graduated & lived in small town 90 miles south of Vegas until 2001 when I moved to Central Florida to be close to my parents who had relocated here & one of my sisters. It is GREEN & beautiful & has a SIX MONTH HURRICANE SEASON!!!! Went through Frances & Jeanne in 2004 -- didn't like that!!! I would be in PA if family wasn't here. I MISS the "true seasons" of the north & YES, even the snow, but mostly the falls & springs there! Growing up we traveled all over the country & Canada -- mostly the East coast (I have seen EVERY fort, ship, & battlefield there is). I traveled the west when I lived out there & drove here 2400 miles in my car with my 7 cats -- that is a story!!!

Later,
Catnipp333
Mr. Burgundy

Post by Mr. Burgundy »

I am originally from the Pacific Northwest (born in Portland, OR, and lived most of my life around Tacoma, WA), but now I live in Boulder, CO.
writewellcfl1

Post by writewellcfl1 »

I was born in Warwick, RI but grew up in sunny Sarasota, FL. I moved out to Orlando to attend college (U of Central Florida), and I remain here in East Orlando - slowly finishing my degree - with my husband and our three cats.

Central Florida is a great place to live, even if slightly tourist-y. Only a 30-minute drive to visit the Mouse. :)
freelanceprowriter

Post by freelanceprowriter »

LJade wrote: Imagine that ... me, living in Mexico munching on tacos and refried beans all day, everyday. YUCK! If ya know anyone working for U.S. immigration please tell em to hurry LOL.

:arrow: Lisa :D
Lol. I´m originally from British Columbia, Canada, but I went travelling five years ago and ended up in Guatemala, where I met a really great guy and we have been together for the past 4.5 years . . . living in Guatemala! We don´t eat tacos at all, but we have a lot of refried beans!

At the moment, my online earnings are going toward building a house. We have a 16 month old son and another one that is due any day now!
topdycke

Post by topdycke »

Somehow I've missed this post until now. It was fun reading where everone is from. I'm a country girl with city dreams. I live in northwest Ohio where the corn is tall and the hogs are lean. I moved to Cape Cod to fullfill a life long dream of living near the ocean. Family brought me back to my rural Ohio roots, but at some point I'll probably make my way back to the land of my dreams.

T
SallyA

Post by SallyA »

I don't think I've posted in this thread. I'm from England.