Email Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

KatyBerezny

Email Request

Post by KatyBerezny »

I am very new to this and was surprised to have already recieved an email from a customer. This customer is requesting 2 articles. How do I respond? Is this an exclusive request for me or is it general? Is it like a first come first serve request? I want to know before I start writing the articles.Also, I need to know how to communicate with the customer without confusion. Thanks

Katy aka Viktorya Hale
Ed

Re: Email Request

Post by Ed »

Public Requests go out out the entire Constant Content writer community. Private Requests are sent to individual authors; these are usually received after the author has built a portfolio of quality work that appeals to a customer's needs. The request you received is a Public Request, not a Private Request.

Authors are unable to contact customers until they have had at least one article approved.

Because many authors are likely writing for the request, the customer will receive notice of the approved articles and will be able choose from these articles.

Thanks,
Ed
KatyBerezny

Post by KatyBerezny »

Ed wrote:Public Requests go out out the entire Constant Content writer community. Private Requests are sent to individual authors; these are usually received after the author has built a portfolio of quality work that appeals to a customer's needs. The request you received is a Public Request, not a Private Request.

Authors are unable to contact customers until they have had at least one article approved.

Because many authors are likely writing for the request, the customer will receive notice of the approved articles and will be able choose from these articles.

Thanks,
Ed
Thanks Ed,

Okay, so I will be receiving emails everytime a customer sends a general request? This email arrived at my private email? Also, how would I distinguish the difference once I have esablished a portfolio?

Thanks,
Katy
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

It says "New Public Request" in the subject.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

And the private ones say "New private request." Also, if you log into CC and click the Requested Content link, you'll see two tabs: Public Requests and Private Requests.

If you do not want to receive the request notices in your personal email inbox, you can turn that off by going into Edit My Account and removing the checkmark by the option for emailing requests.