Long summary/excerpt

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: Long summary/excerpt

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, what you're doing is good Sherry. It let's customers know what to expect and that your article covers each point. Then the sample gives them an idea of the style and tone of the article. Have you ever experimented with the full text at all? I really think you'd see a higher conversion by revealing more of the text. That's just my opinion, but I'm curious if you've tried it or not?
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Yeah, what you're doing is good Sherry. It let's customers know what to expect and that your article covers each point. Then the sample gives them an idea of the style and tone of the article. Have you ever experimented with the full text at all? I really think you'd see a higher conversion by revealing more of the text. That's just my opinion, but I'm curious if you've tried it or not?
I haven't tried experimenting with posting the full text, Celeste. However, I had posted up to 1/2 of some of my articles in the past and they've sold. I will probably try posting a few articles in full just to see how it works for me :D

What I have been testing in the last few months is using the Best Offer less and less and seeing how it affects my sales. From May 2008 to May 2009, I was using the Best Offer function on all my articles. Then I started using it for every 15 or so articles. I also went back to my old articles, adjusted their prices and got rid of the Best Offer on most of them. I noticed that my sales went up when I did these things and my monthly earning doubled, even tripled. My non-Best Offer articles were selling more and faster than my Best Offer articles. And looking at the articles I've sold since May 2008, about 2/3 of them sold during the months I stopped using the Best Offer function. Based on this, I'm thinking the typical CC buyer won't bother using the Best Offer function if he finds the exact article he needs here on the site. Of course, other factors could have affected my results -- like I hit a few niches (taxes, insurance, business) right when buyers were looking for them or I hit good price points that prompt buyers to buy again from me.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It's fascinating all of the different strategies that are out there on our humble little site :)
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I've never received an offer for more than $8 so I figure why bother? I'll bet that most buyers don't want to bother with the Best Offer process, preferring the instant purchase and not waiting around for authors to respond. And there's always that stigma of "discount article" that may be lurking.