Education?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

SarahElisabeth

Re: Education?

Post by SarahElisabeth »

Phil - Howdy naybor!

Therese - thank you, your comments were very helpful! Do you happen to have specifics sites with freebie writing courses? I have found a few, but haven't done an in-depth search yet. If you have some you could recommend I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

I have my high school diploma, and I'm in my first year of university right now. Currently pursuing a major in Asian Studies, with a possible double minor in Psychology and English. :D

This list of 31 Free Online Writing Courses might be useful. (Actually, I love the entire site!) :)
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

I have a BA in English and MA in Anthropology, with emphasis on the sociological aspect, and have taken a course in Advertising and Public Relations. I'm an advertising consultant and web content writer; write for print as well, mainly travel and environmental stuff. I am also a trained HR process worker and process consultant and am part of an outbound training company. As Debbi said, whatever else I do, through it all I continue to write, write, write.

But as I discovered in my advertising career, some of the best writers were actually rebels and drop-outs, so the only thing that really perhaps is necessary to be a successful writer is a basic mastery over the language and good content.

All the best with your writing!
SarahElisabeth

Post by SarahElisabeth »

Zabrina - thanks for the site, will definatly check it out!

Cany - you sound very busy indeed! thanks for the tips