Error in accepted article. How do I correct?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

chessgolf

Error in accepted article. How do I correct?

Post by chessgolf »

I had an article accepted and on review noticed a grammatical error. (word left in that should have been deleted).

If I want to change this, must I re-submit the article for review again?

Thanks
JC
Ed

Re: Error in accepted article. How do I correct?

Post by Ed »

Please resubmit with a note in the short summary that indicates the article was previously accepted and include a description of the nature of your edit. You can remove this note after the article is approved.

Thanks,
Ed
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

Hi,

I just tried doing what Ed described above, and I can't resubmit because the "title is already registered." Problem is, the title is registered to me, given it's the title of the article I'm resubmitting. I don't want to change the title of the article, and I'd prefer not to delete the version that's already there until the revised version has been accepted. Any way around this?

Thanks.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please do not upload duplicate content. Before resubmitting an article with corrections, the original article must be deleted.

Thanks,
Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You have to delete the original. It's a pain, but that's the way it goes. After all, if you had two identical articles and accidentally forgot to delete the original, you'd run the risk of selling the same article twice and CC's not likely going to take that risk.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

Got it. Thanks.