A Newbie question, please forgive me...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JCTorpey

A Newbie question, please forgive me...

Post by JCTorpey »

I have searched through out the forums, have read all of the FAQ's and terms that I could and have also used the search feature extensively so as to not re-post this question, but I can not seem to find any information on uploading content to save to a personal file on site. So my question is this, is it possible to upload content to the site and save it in a personal folder to be edited and proofread at a later date? Or are the uploads only allowed for immediate submission?

Again, forgive my newbie question and also forgive me if this has been addressed in another post. And thank you in advance for any replies.
Jess :D
Celeste Stewart

Re: A Newbie question, please forgive me...

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi and welcome!
Your hunch is correct: only ready-to-go articles should be submitted. Once submitted articles go directly to Ed who will review them with the assumption that they are publication ready. So, keep your drafts on your hard drive and polish them to perfection before uploading. That said, if you spot a typo before Ed gets to it, you can go in and re-upload the corrected article and make the edits in the summaries but that should be a last resort, rarity only, not a matter of standard practice.
JCTorpey

Re: A Newbie question, please forgive me...

Post by JCTorpey »

Thank you Celeste. I will make sure to have them complete before I publish. The only reason I asked is in some sites, they allow you to upload your work to a folder and edit it later. Thank you for the reply!
Jess