Info re: request system

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

4rumid

Info re: request system

Post by 4rumid »

Hi everyone,

I'm still new here and still trying to piece together the way things work. Since I can't find this info spelled out in any one place, I'd just like to confirm that I understand how the request system works. Here's what I've got:

1. Customer posts a request (public or private)
2. Interested authors (public) or specified authors (private) submit articles
3. If article gets accepted by CC, it goes straight to the requester. It does not appear anywhere else on the site, can't be found by searching, etc. for 3 days.
4. If requester doesn't buy article within 3 days, the article automatically goes into the main pool of articles, visible to all, searchable, etc.

Okay so far?

Questions:

Once a requester selects an article, does the request status automatically become "closed"? That is, if a request is still open, and it hasn't expired yet, is it safe to assume the requester is still looking, and it's still worth submitting an article?

Do requesters actively "reject" articles, or do they just not select them?

Do authors get notified if an article has been rejected/put into the main pool, or do you just have to check to see what happens after 3 days?

If an article that was submitted in response to a public request appears in a search, does that mean it's already been rejected?

If a requester buys your article, do you get an email telling you that? (I assume so.)

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Can a more complete explanation of the request system (e.g., spelling out the steps, as above) be included somewhere in the Requests part of the Help section?

(Still eagerly waiting to see what happens with my first public request article, hence all the questions . . . )

On a different topic, I wish there weren't a requester named "Sales" -- I'm seeing messages in my inbox marked "Customer Sales" and I keep thinking I've sold an article!
Lysis

Re: Info re: request system

Post by Lysis »

Hola!

I don't think buyers usually reject articles, but I did get one way back when I first started. Yes, you get notified. The request does not get closed. For instance, the buyer for the iPhone articles purchased my "How to Print from Your iPhone" yesterday and it's still available. After 3 days it goes in the pool. Every public request I've written for has had another buyer come along, so honestly, I don't even care if the original requestor buys it. I know someone else will come along. And yes, you get an email telling you. The sold email seems to be on a 24 hour delay, so unless you're a chronic clicker on the recently sold list, you won't know for 24 hours.
4rumid

Re: Info re: request system

Post by 4rumid »

Thanks Lysis!

It's now been three days since the requester's had my article. He hasn't bought it, but the article is still hidden from everybody else. Does it become visible on the 4th day?