Confusing rejection

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tpheif

Confusing rejection

Post by tpheif »

I am fairly new to Constant Content. I submitted one article, which was approved. My second article was rejected, but I am confused regarding the reason. The email says that it was rejected because it had "website addresses/links" in the article. I am absolutely certain this was not the case. I still have the draft of the article in my files and there are no links to anything. I would re-submit it, but I am unsure if the screening process is doing what it is supposed to do. Anyone have any thoughts?
Ed

Re: Confusing rejection

Post by Ed »

Your article contains links. This frequently happens when someone copies and pastes from a a source that originally contained link. Until these links are removed, we will be unable to consider this article.

Thanks,
Ed
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Try running your mouse over every word - the links should show up!

Hayley
tpheif

Post by tpheif »

I will have to respectfully disagree with the suggestion that there are links. I understand that links can sometimes stay with a document when information is copied, but this was an original article with no pasted material. Nothing was copied from an external source.
Ed

Post by Ed »

It could be that the incorrect document was uploaded. However, in the document that was reviewed, links were present.

Thank you,
Ed
tpheif

Post by tpheif »

Where? What words?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm sure Ed can't possibly remember exactly which words were linked. I'd double check and resubmit.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Also, if you use Word, by default it will turn what it thinks are web addresses or email addresses into hyperlinks automatically. For example, if you write, "The website http://www.Constant-Content.com is a great place for writers," Word will automatically hyperlink 'www.Constant-Content.com' to 'http://www.Constant-Content.com.' Of course, it should be fairly obvious with its blue underline, but something to keep in mind.

Earlier someone mentioned a way to find "hidden" hyperlinks in a document but I can't remember the steps. I'll see if I can find that post.

Okay, here's the link to the discussion:

http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... ink#p40333

And, here's how to remove hyperlinks in Word 2007: Press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9 to remove all hyperlinks. Just tried it and it works great!
tpheif

Post by tpheif »

Thank you all for your advice. None of this applies as there are no links, websites, or even references to websites in my document, but I appreciate the help. I will just have to re-submit and hope for the best.