Download confusion

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

mjsellars

Download confusion

Post by mjsellars »

Hi,

According to my Author Profile, one of my articles has been downloaded three times. When I look at the same article on the 'My Content' page, it says it has only been downloaded once. And, according to my account information, the same article has only been sold once.

I'm a little confused. Is this a systems glitch?

Thanks,
Mike
eek

Re: Download confusion

Post by eek »

When CC added that feature there did seem to be a glitch, but only on the author's side of things as far as I know. I'm showing more downloads than I know I've sold, but if you go to my profile the number of downloads are correct for each viewable article.
mjsellars

Post by mjsellars »

Thanks, eek.

Mike
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

When I'm looking at just the article summaries, the download numbers are incorrect. Most of my older articles that had sold before the feature was added still display "0 downloads" in the summary, while an article of mine that has sold twice after the change is showing three downloads.

The number of downloads however are correct when you look at the long description pages for the articles.
eek

Post by eek »

Nessiee - Oh, you're right. The numbers are messed up in the article summary - whether you're looking via an author's profile or just in the general files. I hope Support will fix this glitch soon, then. For my content, it seems to be only for the articles have sold at least once, not for articles that have never sold. Still, clients might not base their purchase on the number of downloads, so it's a worthy fix. I'm not worried about losing sales, though, since I only rarely sell a usage-rights article more than once.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Same here. Anything of mine that has never sold still says "0 downloads" so that's good :) But I agree, it would be a worthy glitch to get sorted out. Hopefully this issue is on support's list of things to do.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi Mike and Eek and Nessie,

Thanks for bringing this up. I've had a look and believe that we've got the issue sorted out. Please check it out and see if things look like they are fixed for your articles.

Thanks!
jrichards
eek

Post by eek »

My download info looks to be back to normal. Thanks!!