Long Time For Approval

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

agossett

Post by agossett »

I thought it was just me because I submitted an article on Friday and it still has not been approved yet. I try to submit my articles early in the week to avoid the "friday rush", but it was just unavoidable this time. Oh well, that just gives me time to work on some other articles.
Article Admin

Post by Article Admin »

One person was off for the weekend and I was ill. I'm trying to get things approved asap. Please have patience. I know it's hard when your articles aren't approved within a day, but the time for approval is 3 days. I approved articles yesterday and again this morning and will be doing so again this afternoon and evening. Again, please be patient.

Thanks,
AA
Article Admin

Post by Article Admin »

Please do not resubmit anything. If you do, it will only take longer to get through the q because of all the confusion. I've had several articles that were in the q in triplicate. This is very confusing and takes a lot of time to sort out. Your articles will be rejected if they are submitted more than once.

Thanks,
AA
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

AA,
I hope you are feeling much better. I hate feeling sick because then my brain doesn't work anymore :cry:
Anyway, keep up the good work! Gypsy
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Yes--hope you are feeling better! You've probably spoiled us a bit with all the immediate attention we're used to receiving. I don't know if Ed had some time off, but I always imagine him chained to his computer. Everybody needs a life away from work for a bit. I look at it this way--if I were submitting to a print journal, I'd be months away from hearing a thing. It's just been such a hot time around CC and so many interesting requests! Have a good rest of the week. --J. :D
cbhrbooth

Admin

Post by cbhrbooth »

AA - Yes, I hope you do feel better. The backlog on my own desk and monitor is discouraging enough - I'd get sick if I had to see it in triplicate! So please don't read my post as a complaint. I was just curious. . .and as J pointed out the normal turnaround for a hard copy article is 4-6 weeks. Yesterday I got a rejection (blah!) for a short story I had forgotten I even had circulating. So . . . this is no biggie.

Bridgette
Article Admin

Post by Article Admin »

Thanks Everyone for your well wishes. I'm feeling a lot better today and am working on the articles using several windows as I write this. Hopefully the q will be a lot smaller when the day is over. AA
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

re: article submitted last week

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hi everyone,

I submitted an article last week which still hasn't been approved as well. It's taking almost a week to have it approved! It is rather upsetting, especially if it's for a request.

It's not a long article either.

Regards,

Lisa
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

re: Ed not feeling well

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hello again,

I just read that you're not feeling well so it's understandable. I hope that you get better soon!

Best Regards,

Lisa
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't know if Ed had some time off, but I always imagine him chained to his computer.
This made me laugh.

Sorry writers - I just moved house and I'm having a heckuva time getting cooperation from the cable company to come fix the internet. So far, these people have come out twice (tomorrow for the 3rd time), and I've gotten hung up on by two service representatives. Unfortunately, the problem is "area wide" (meaning what? the area around my house?), and so they have to do something above and beyond what they usually do. Regional monopolies drive me nuts.

Believe me, you aren't the only one who's being inconvenienced.

Thanks,
Ed
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Ed,
Congrats on the new home! I hear the third time is a charm, so maybe they will get it right this time. Internet problems are the pits.
Gypsy
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks Word Gypsy - maybe you worked a little magic. Third time was a charm!

Ed
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Ed,
Cool! Now if only I could work a little of that magic every day! Have a great day!
Word Gypsy