I'm having confusion about the reply sent by CC

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kcnck

I'm having confusion about the reply sent by CC

Post by kcnck »

We have reviewed your content, "HORSE HEALTH TIPS- Will Reduce Veterinary Budget and Keep Appaloosas, Arab Horses Etc. Happy." Unfortunately, this article requires revision before we can accept it.We have reviewed your content, "HORSE HEALTH TIPS- Will Reduce Veterinary Budget and Keep Appaloosas, Arab Horses Etc. Happy." Unfortunately, this article requires revision before we can accept it.

We have reviewed your content, "HORSE HEALTH TIPS- Will Reduce Veterinary Budget and Keep Appaloosas, Arab Horses Etc. Happy." Unfortunately, this article requires revision before we can accept it.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

We do not accept content with grammar errors, instances of awkward wording, or other errors.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

Please take this information into consideration for future submissions. In addition, Submission Guidelines should be followed to avoid repeated rejections:

What does revision mean ?Is it the format? I use openoffice to write my articles instead of word, since i use linux operating system . Then i save the article as a .doc file. Does this create an issue? I don't want to be thrown out since i respect this site very much.

Also, I'm using one blank space between each paragraph.I also use a blank space between headline of a paragraph and the paragraph.

When I say blank space, I mean the following:
"this is my first paragraph" now i press return once.
again one more return.so there is a space between first and second paragraph.
"now i start my second paragraph".

Is this correct? i got confused with what i read about paragraph spacing in a post in the forum. please reply?
Last edited by kcnck on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ed

Re: I'm having confusion about the reply sent by CC

Post by Ed »

The email should contain information about why the article was rejected after the automated message about revision.

Thanks,
Ed
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

"We do not accept content with grammar errors, instances of awkward wording, or other errors."

Sounds like that's where the problem lies . . .
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I don't want to throw stones - Lord knows I get plenty of rejections - but the title strikes me as very awkward

"HORSE HEALTH TIPS- Will Reduce Veterinary Budget and Keep Appaloosas, Arab Horses Etc. Happy."

The word "will" would read better as "How to"

The word Budget is awkward here. The tips will not reduce the budget. Your "Cost" or "Bills" might decrease sufficient that YOU can reduce the budget at some point.

How do you measure horse happiness exactly? Can you survey them?

The word "Etc" should be avoided. I've never seen it used in a title before.

A better title might be:

Horse Health Tips to Reduce Veterinary Bills.

Your post is also poorly titled. "I am confused about my rejection notice from CC"

I suspect from your post that English is not your first language. Congratulations on learning so much English and I encourage you to keep learning English. However, Constant Content has a very high standard of writing - it must be 100% perfect. This standard is hard enough for a well educated native English speaker to meet, and almost impossible for a non-native speaker to meet unless you can reach native level fluency.