My article has been rejected

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

flo2008

My article has been rejected

Post by flo2008 »

Hello,

My article Play Poker for Free and Make Money has been rejected. However, it is not very clear as to why the same has been rejected. The email states the following :

Please follow all formatting guidelines.

This article contains spelling errors or typos.

It is not stated clearly whether there are spelling mistakes or typographical errors. Please let me know where my errors lie so I could correct them and resubmit my article.

Awaiting your response.
Debbi

Re: My article has been rejected

Post by Debbi »

This comment may mean that you haven't saved your article in Times New Roman or Arial 12 point font or that you've saved it in a file format not accepted by CC. I always save my articles in .rtf, though .doc and .txt is fine too. There are also spacing requiements for within paragraphs and between paragrpahs, so it's a good idea to re-read the Writer's Guidelines and FAQ and then check your article over again.
flo2008

Post by flo2008 »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

How do I resubmit my article? I find that my article is not saved in "My Content".

I went through the FAQ and writer's guidelines, but I didn't find anything about spacing requirement within paragraphs and between paragraphs.

Please help.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Rejected articles are immediately purged from the CC system. Resubmitting an article is exactly the same as submitting a new article.

A hint is to save your short summary and key words somewhere since this information is wiped out when an article does not make the cut. CC has a very high standard for submissions - zero errors. This helps maintain the good pricing we can get here.
flo2008

Post by flo2008 »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. You had made a mention about spaces within paragraphs and between paragraphs. Please let
me know where I can find details regarding this. i will resubmit my article only after I hear from you.

Thanks

Flo
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I'm just another writer passing on what I've learned so far. Ed is the editor. Don't expect a more detailed response then that contained in the rejection email (though it can happen in the forums sometimes, maybe if Ed runs out of articles to read?).

If paragraph spacing was the reason for rejection that should be easy to fix. Check the submission guideline for specifics on paragraph spacing (it is single spaced, empty line between paragraphs, just like this post. I remember seeing a good forum thread on some of the formating issues that various word processors cause in this area.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Flo,

It sounds as though Ed has picked up two reasons for the rejection - one is that somewhere along the lines you have not followed the format guidelines, and the other is spelling and typographical errors. You need to check your article very carefully for both before resubmitting the same article. The formating issue could be the paragraphs, they should be spaced like this forum comment or it could be one of the formatting issues. There may be more than one spelling or typographical error. There could even be other errors that Ed has not had time to list in your rejection advice. Proofread your article for everything before resubmitting.

Some authors, including me, have developed a checklist for the submission guidelines to make sure each article fits the CC criteria. (You can find mine in my ebook "Sales Success on Constant Content".) You need to proofread your article thoroughly before resubmitting it. If you need further help, you can send me a private email with a segment of your article. Click on HayleyWriter from the author's page and then you will go to my profile where you can send me an email.

Hope this helps and I wish you good luck here,

Kind regards,

Hayley