ARTICLE REQUESTS USING MY NAME!!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TigerX

ARTICLE REQUESTS USING MY NAME!!

Post by TigerX »

I have not submitted any articles as of joining here. Other projects have prevented this, so far. I finally am able to return to CC to try to become familiar with the site and what do I find?? Numerous public requests for articles under my name!!! Listing my email, my web site!!! What is this?? I am not needing articles, I am a writer - and am only listed as an author!

Is this to be expected? Does one join this site and then have identity theft begin? My web site is still being worked on, my email is not open for public use - I started having spam problems about a month ago - when many of these false requests were posted.

Has anyone else experienced this? I do not believe I want to continue being part of a site that cannot enforce security and allows fraudulent requests for work to be posted. How many other requests for articles are based on author profiles? Are any of the public requests real?

I'm truly disappointed - no wonder online writing 'services' such as this and others have so much difficulty being taken seriously - abuse of personal information and ficiticious postings for work?

TigerX
DennisMartz

Re: ARTICLE REQUESTS USING MY NAME!!

Post by DennisMartz »

It might be helpful to know "which" public request(s) you're talking about...
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Hey, Dennis, I glanced at your profile and saw that you and I graduated from high school around the same time. We could form an old fogeys club :D
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

Actually, I refer to myself as an "old fart..." :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(being of the same vintage, you probably remember the old "Cheech & Chong" clip where Chong mutters "Ya old fart..." Well, I'm sure he was refering to me 30 years in the future...)

Dennis
jak

Post by jak »

Hi TigerX. I've never heard of any instances of what you describe happen here before. Not do I have any idea of how it can happen. Have you contacted support about this? If the public requests are spam, they definitely need to know about them. And the rest of us authors do too, so that we can avoid writing for them. They might also be able to throw light on how it could have happened.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Same here, I've never heard of something like this. As writer's, we do receive emails from customers who have requested content. However, these requests have always been based on what customers seem to need for their indvidual sites. For example, a customer who sells pastry books such as "How to Bake Chocolate Eclairs" would ask for content about "chocolate glazes for pastries" or "marketing pastries to a coffee houses." I've never seen a request for articles under my own name/website - and it would be alarming if I did! But why on earth would anyone else want to market MY site (unless I had some sort of arrangement like an affiliate deal)? Can you elaborate the situation? It doesn't make sense on any level - from a rogue customer's POV or CC's.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi TigerX,

I'd be happy to look into the matter and see if there is something I can do to rectify the matter. Can you respond to me at support@constant-content.com or via this thread?

Thanks!
-jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com