weird "job opportunity" ads

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

weird "job opportunity" ads

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Noticing a lot of this on Twitter:
"Need writer who is experienced with Constant-Content guidelines"

http://jobs.bukisa.com/project/1231678/ ... ter/?src=5 (this looks like a post of a post from a feed, but it gives you an idea of some of the ads out there.)

Looks a little iffy to me. It doesn't appear to be a "sign up with my referral link" type of thing but more of a "I'll pay you to submit articles on my behalf" type of thing to me. I've seen quite a few of these in the last month or so. Personally, I don't think it will work out for the advertisers but thought I'd mention it in case CC wasn't aware of it.
jadedragon

Re: weird "job opportunity" ads

Post by jadedragon »

Strange - unless the person is getting writers who can't pass the muster here to write articles and then editing them to make them able to pass Ed. I'm guess they are working for referral links because that is just too much risk. You pay for articles now and wait for sales? Crazy.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

This is definitely weird. Unless the advertiser just knows that the CC guidelines are stringent and therefore the articles will be the best?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm interpreting it as if the advertiser wants to buy cheap articles from writers (in this case he was offering $5) and then post them on CC for a higher price.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Ya I agree with Celeste. They are not looking for writers to join CC - they are looking for existing CC writers. They want to buy an article to submit to CC. Talk about lazy. By time they post up the ad, deal with bidders, edit the article to make it acceptable, write a short summary and submit under their name plus front the cash and risk that the article is not unique. Then they will get caught cheating and loose their account. Good luck to them LOL.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Hmm, and aren't these buyers asking existing CC writers to violate CC's TOS too? Doesn't the TOS state that a CC account holder should submit only content that he/she has written (unless they're a writing team like a husband-wife team)? Sites like oDesk have lots of "writers" from countries like India, Pakistan, Romania, and other third-world countries where English is not the first language - perhaps if CC notices an influx of new accounts and subs from people from these countries, we can thank those sites for spreading the word about CC :evil: (Note: There are good writers from the countries I mentioned, but they are very few and are less likely to be found on oDesk or other similar sites where the lowest bidders win and where people think they can call themselves writers if they can churn out 50 articles a day.)