Republishing Removed Content

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

audrabianca

Republishing Removed Content

Post by audrabianca »

What if we delete our original article from another content for sale website and then submit it here?

I know you can sometimes see that, if the article was recently deleted from a site like DA. But if you submit here right away it comes up as the content has been sold or removed at DA. If our content was stolen while it was up for sale elsewhere, it would show as plagiarized here. That is, if the text of the stolen content was indexed by the search engines.

How do you handle this? I realize after you have worked with us for awhile you recognize our writing. I need to know as I plan to move other content over here. Sometimes I update the content with significant changes before uploading here. I don't want to experience suspension. I believe we are not supposed to type notes about other web sites in the submission form. Any advice?

Thanks,

AB
Ed

Re: Republishing Removed Content

Post by Ed »

We cannot consider content if it is or has been published elsewhere and does not clearly display the author's name. If there is any question about the originality of the content, it will be rejected.

Authors may ask usage rights only for articles that have been published elsewhere.

Authors can avoid any questions by submitting only content that is either easily attributable to them or that is completely original to Constant Content. If you worry that your content has been stolen, then it is prudent not to try to publish it here. Some problems may be ameliorated if you keep the content up on the other site until it has been published here before removing it, but if it appears under other authors' names, we can't consider it.

Thank you,
Ed
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

Thanks. What if we have a different author name over there, but when you click on the profile, you clearly see it is us? With a picture and details about writing here and other places??
Ed

Post by Ed »

The byline must be clearly displayed on the same page on which the article appears and match either your CC name or your real name. Sorry, but I simply can't go hunting for identities.

Thanks,
Ed
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

I'm amazed this hasn't come up before.
Ed

Post by Ed »

It's in the FAQ.
Markk

Post by Markk »

If I have an article (originally written by me) posted on my own blog which I think is good enough to put on sale at CC, would I fall into the plagiarism category? Would I be suspended for submitting this article?

What if I rewrite my blog post and submit it to CC, would that also incur a penalty?

And what if I delete my blog post and submit it to CC? Is it still a no-no?

I'm fully aware of the issue of duplication content and how Google spiders index our content. Is there a way around it other than what I had asked?
Ed

Post by Ed »

From our FAQ:
I submitted an article to sell for usage rights only. My articles was rejected for originality, but I am the original author of the content.
We can only accept articles that are able to be verified as original to the author. If you choose to submit content published elsewhere by you, please submit articles that are clearly credited to you with your name or the pen name you use on Constant Content. Articles that cannot be verified as original to the author cannot be accepted. If there is no name on the original publication, if the article is credited with a name that does not match your given or chosen name, or if the author's name is not easily located on the page of original publication, the article will be rejected. Do not include location of previous publication anywhere in your submission. Please note: When you submit an article that has been published elsewhere, you may ask usage rights ONLY for the article.