CAn't find public request link

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

portia65

CAn't find public request link

Post by portia65 »

I've just written 2 articles in response to a public request on red wine articles, which was posted on 3 January and expires 24 January. But when I uploaded the articles and clicked on the find public request link, I couldn't see it. So I ended up listing both articles under the Recreation: Food & Dining category, as well as ticking Public Request.

Will the customer get to see my articles once they've been approved? Is there something else I should do? I've already deleted my first attempt at posting one of the articles, desperate to get the public request link (which still didn't show)
nichewriter

Re: CAn't find public request link

Post by nichewriter »

Even if a buyer sets a deadline for his public request, he can choose to end the request if/when he has enough articles (or if he decides he doesn't want to buy articles). And no, the original buyer/requester will not see your articles once they are approved -- your articles will be available to the public (other buyers) - although on second thought, the buyer *may* still see it later down the road *if* he does a search for wine articles.
portia65

Post by portia65 »

Oh, well; even if the original customer doesn't want them, hopefully SOMEONE will see them & decide they're just what they want!

Thanks for the quick reply.
jennifer

Post by jennifer »

I thought the approved article was sent to the original requester once it was approved or the original requester was notified and they had 3 days to view it before the article could be seen by everyone else.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

That's true. However, if the customer has closed the request early, other customers can see the approved article straight away.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

jennifer wrote:I thought the approved article was sent to the original requester once it was approved or the original requester was notified and they had 3 days to view it before the article could be seen by everyone else.
That's only if the request is still active - when you submit the article by choosing it for that specific request, it goes to the original requester and then it goes to the public CC pool of articles after 3 days if it isn't bought. In the case above, the request is no longer up.