Volante

Help!

Post by Volante »

My article got rejected and here's why

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

Please proofread thoroughly.

Visitors will judge your copy, be in consciously or subconsciously

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====

I'm not sure if the problem with my words is due to clarity? Like i'm not clear or is it rejected due to like language/grammar issues?
Celeste Stewart

Re: Help!

Post by Celeste Stewart »

The mistake is right before your eyes. Read it again:
Visitors will judge your copy, be in consciously or subconsciously
It's also kind of ironic. :) Not judging your sentence, but it's ironic that there's a typo in THAT sentence.

Still don't see it? Read it out loud and you'll probably hear it. Still don't see it? Turn on your computer's narrator and you'll probably hear it.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

" Turn on your computer's narrator "

What is this?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

heeeheeeee, I've sooooo been there. You look at it and ask yourself "WHAT? WHAT IS WRONG???" Then, someone points it out or you go back in a couple of days and proof, slap your hand on your forehead and say "DOH!" Yep, yep...been there an done that...got the t-shirt as an honorary regular member.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yep, been there. I have the mug.

Debbi, Windows has a narrator that will read text. When my daughter was about three or four, she used to like to type (playing the "numbers" game on my computer which was just MS Word). Somehow, through a keyboard combination, she figured out how to turn on the narrator. Each time she'd press a key, the narrator repeated it "a,"b," "uppercase C," etc. It was funny, she'd manage to turn it on consistently.

If you have Windows, go to Control Panel and you should be able to find it in Accessibility or Ease of Access (depending on the version of Windows you have). In Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to Start and type "narrator" into the Search bar. Click Narrator under Programs and it will begin reading text and whatever you type.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Wow Celeste you just taught me something about windows. My 11 month old loves the laptop and has managed to find some feature I never knew about. One day she turned on red reading lights that light up my keyboard from above the screen. It took me forever to figure out how to turn them off.

I would never want to make fun of honest writing efforts, but the error in the posted sentence is one of the most ironic I've seen in a long time. We all need a chuckle so thanks for posting that sentence for us.
Volante

Post by Volante »

MY GOD!
It's it not in! sheeeesh.