formating

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

zwag

formating

Post by zwag »

I've had my first rejection and I ws notified that one of the reasons for it was I didn't have the document in the correct format. I understand that the corect formats are ftp and text. I have Windows Vista and it has Microsoft Works Word Processor. I think the only difference in it and Microsoft Word is the name. I've gotten into the format menu, but I don't see ftp or text format in any of the things in that menu. Is there anyone here that can tell me what to do?
EricScott

Re: formating

Post by EricScott »

I don't think ftp is a valid format for CC submissions. If you are using MS Word (and probably MS Works also) your best choice is to save it as a .doc file. If you have a newer version of Word the default file type when saving may be .docx, which CC does not accept. If this is the case go to "Save As" and select the file to be saved as "Word 97 - 2004 Document (.doc)."
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I save all my work in .rtf (Rich Text Format), though .txt and .doc are also ok. Make sure the font is Timees New Roman or Arial 12.

Maybe you were thinking PDF when you typed ftp but I don't think PDF is accepted here anymore.
zwag

Post by zwag »

Thanks. You're right. It's not an ftp file they take. FTP is a protocal for uploading and downloading.
zwag

Post by zwag »

thank! Your suggestion worked!