Why is my article status 'waiting'?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cathleengarvey

Why is my article status 'waiting'?

Post by cathleengarvey »

Hello all! What does it mean when your article status is shown as waiting? The article has been accepted and even sold once for usage license but it still shows waiting and I cannot view it. Not a huge problem obviously, I was just curious!

Also does anybody know a really good grammar website? My grammar is embarrassingly bad (I blame English schools) and I cannot purchase a real book as I am in Greece, miles away from civilization and English bookstores. I can order a book from the Internet but the Greek postal service is painfully slow and usually on strike and I want to get started soon.

Thanks for your time,

Jo :D
KinsleyRoyale

Re: Why is my article status 'waiting'?

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

I'm not sure of the waiting except to say I also have 2 waiting. I think they might be in a potential buyer's shopping cart. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As for the other question, I keep in my "favourites" www.libraryonline.com and refer to their writing tips or grammar sections.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

"Waiting" means that a buyer has put it in their cart but the payment hasn't gone through. I've got one that's been in waiting for nearly a week--I'll email Support if it's not through by the weekend. Give it more than a couple of days because echecks take forever to process, but I'd say over a week it's time to send a query.

Another good grammar source is http://owl.english.purdue.edu/. Hope this helps! where do you live in Greece?
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Thank you so much for the help guys x

I live in Drama right now which is a little town in North Greece up in the mountains! In the summer we stay in Santorini and I'm counting hours until it's time to go!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I sometimes live in drama too. :) Couldn't help myself.

I love the international flair of CC!
Peter Dylan

Post by Peter Dylan »

Does status waiting prevent other customers from buying the article? I assume yes since I can't see it.

Pete
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Peter Dylan wrote:Does status waiting prevent other customers from buying the article? I assume yes since I can't see it.

Pete
Yes, that's correct. When an article is in waiting status, it's been pulled from the public pool. The only way it can be available to other buyers is if it gets released from the waiting status. (I'd give it a week before contacting support via the contact form to release an article.)

~Sherry