2nd sub rejected after editing - please help/advise

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

iancj

2nd sub rejected after editing - please help/advise

Post by iancj »

I had my first article rejected - I kenk of see why. So I wrote a different one and it too wa rejected (I later saw a few typos), adjusted it, and re-subbed. Another rejection. A highly respected figure on another forum, who knows CC well, suggested that with respect to a couple of "you" and "your" details, and punctuation mistakes (all corrcted before 2nd sub) it looked fine.

I can't figure. If there's anyone with heaps of CC experience, reading this post, I'd me more than willing to email my article to you for a critique. It's becoming a pain just to get my first sub accepted, and I've combed through it times over! :? My grammar and article presentation is pretty good - at least I think it is.

Thanks
4rumid

Re: 2nd sub rejected after editing - please help/advise

Post by 4rumid »

Hi iancj,

I don't have heaps of experience on CC, but I'm an editor in real life, so if you'd like to send me your article I'd be happy to take a look. (author name: RBE Content)

I can tell you, though, that your post has a number of misspellings and one or two grammar errors, so maybe it's simply a question of proofing more carefully.
iancj

Post by iancj »

Thanks 2rumid. Yes, I see them :oops: It was very late UK time when I posted - in somewhat of a hurry too!!

Would you mind PM-ing your email to me so I can attach it over to you - I'm too new for my PM to work yet, and I suspect that if I attach it below, it will be there for all to see(?)

Thanks
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

I actually don't know how to PM here. But I think if you go to my author profile you can send me a message. How did you send the article to the other CC'er?
iancj

Post by iancj »

4rumid wrote:I actually don't know how to PM here. But I think if you go to my author profile you can send me a message. How did you send the article to the other CC'er?
Hmm - maybe you could go into MY author profile and send to me? I'm too new to have an active link to PM anyone in their profile box (as I am not with PM-ing either). As you have over 100 posts, my link should be active in my author box - for you...?

I have the email address os the other person - and have been a member in that forum for 5 years...

Thanks
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

What's your author name? (Couldn't find you under iancj.) Actually, I think if you haven't had an article accepted yet, you won't show up in the author list, so I'm not sure how to reach you. Do you want to maybe post a paragraph or so here so I (or anyone else) can get a sense of what the article's like?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

iancj,
Try clicking this link (you'll need to be signed into CC):
http://www.constant-content.com/Author/ ... ails-0.htm

which will take you to 4rumid's profile page. Click the "Contact this Author" button and you should be able to send a message.
iancj

Post by iancj »

Thanks CVeleste, will try that :)
iancj

Post by iancj »

Aplologies for the typo in your name Celeste :oops: & thanks for the link to 4rumid :)

4rumid, many thanks for restoring my confidence in submitting articles to C-C :) :)